The mission of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is to work collaboratively toward the prevention of homelessness and the creation of lasting solutions for homeless and at-risk families, children, and individuals throughout Colorado. The Coalition advocates for and provides a continuum of housing and a variety of services to improve the health, well-being, and stability of those it serves.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Business Intelligence Analyst, Quality Assurance to be part of a team of people who provide database and analytics support to users of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and related applications. This position acts as a user resource to bridge the gap between data and clinical processes. Responsibilities include synthesizing complex or diverse information from multiple sources, conducting quantitative analyses, providing feedback regarding outcomes to program staff and funders, working with management and program teams to utilize data for quality improvement activities, and communicating complicated information to key stakeholders. This position will adhere to all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations pertaining to the use of protected health information. This position is located at 2062 Stout St., Denver, Colorado 80205 and reports to the Database Applications Manager.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders. Serve as liaison between EHR technical team, outcomes team, and clinic management.
- Supports clinic staff efforts to serve patients and comply with funder requirements for specific grant reporting.
- Collects, organizes, and interprets statistical information with computerized systems and complex calculation applications to make assumptions, develops trends analysis and draws conclusions, and educates leadership on how to use the information.
- Works collaboratively with leadership to design and build the reports necessary to answer questions and achieve strategic goals.
- Exhibits initiative to identify needed enhancements to current process flows and help to implement change, working independently and using sound judgment, escalating issues when appropriate.
- Participates in ongoing decisions concerning data collection methods and data analysis; identifies, develops and proposes alternative data metrics.
- Compiles data from multiple sources to support monitoring of social and health outcomes.
- Conducts statistical tests for evaluation purposes, interprets results of both qualitative and quantitative analyses, and creates data visualizations detailing outcomes for presentations to management and staff.
- Prepares regular reports to funders regarding progress toward outcomes.
- Participates in data governance, managing data dictionaries, and organizational KPIs.
- Participates in data warehouse maintenance through ongoing testing, validation, integration, and querying data.
- Conducts regular data validation activities to ensure data quality.
- Maintains a work environment that is marked by respect for others, values inclusiveness, builds workforce diversity, and fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Maintains current and complete COVID‐19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Data/Information Science, Computer Science or Healthcare Informatics preferred, equivalent experience or AHIMA Data Analyst Certification (CHDA) may substitute.
- 3+ years of data analysis/statistical experience preferred.
- Intermediate experience in database administration and reporting including Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Report Builder, and SSIS/SQL Data Tools.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other applicable status protected by law.