Full-time or Part-time
*commission and/or equity stake in new sources of revenue/funding may be offered
The Business Development & Executive Assistant will perform a variety of high-level administrative and executive duties to ensure smooth and efficient operation. This position will coordinate between the Head of Business Development, Lab Director, and the President & CEO. We are seeking a passionate and innovative individual seeking to step into a start-up/emerging company and is not averse to risk taking. Candidate must be straightforward, personable, articulate, creative, and business savvy. Ideal candidates will be an amalgamation of an entrepreneurial scientist and business partner, and have a working knowledge in the biotechnology field with 2+ years of lab bench experience in molecular biology or equivalent.
A minimum of an MBA or a bachelor’s in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or other science-related fields is required.
No telecommuting candidates will be considered. Essentially, the company is seeking a “go-to person”, and a “Jack or Jill of all trades” in a high-intensity work environment. The candidate is able to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize tasks and assignments, primarily in the area of business development such as business plans and pitch decks.
• B2B/B2C business development and contract preparation/review.
• Identify and pursue all forms of funding opportunities, including grants and investment opportunities.
• Additional higher-level business-related requests, including developing/updating the business plan and financials.
• Weekly debriefing meetings with President & CEO (Founder).
• Regular communication with employees • Take direct calls, manage emails, and meet with visitors
• Calendar management, Schedule a moderate volume of meetings, appointments, and conferences (domestic and international)
• Assist in developing/designing Marketing collateral such as flyer/brochure materials and Digital Marketing
• Develop new business strategies
• Assist in business expansion and proposals
• Participate in presentations and weekly reviews
• Administrative/clerical duties including, but not limited to, responding to emails, filing paperwork
• Investigate and follow-up with identified issues
• Office area organization/cleaning and resolving minor maintenance tasks
• Additional responsibilities as required – ability to be a team player and assist where needed
• Entrepreneurial spirit, takes initiative, creative, and thinks `outside the box’
• Tech Savvy; High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe's Creative Suite- Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
• Must display a keen attention to detail
• Reliable, responsible, and punctual
• Discrete – able to be trusted with confidential information
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Business and Science background
Please provide a cover letter and LinkedIn profile required. (Resumes/CVs optional)
Dr. G. Thomas Caltagirone, Ph.D., President & CEO
250 North Main Street
Jacobus, PA 17407