Position: English Language Development Teacher
Reports to: Principal
Location: STRIVE Prep - RISE High School
Salary: $50,000-$69,000 based on years of experience and education. This role is eligible for a $2,000 addition to base salary for passing a language proficiency test for an approved language. You can see an estimate of your salary offer by visiting the calculator on our website.
Status: Full time, exempt, in-person position
Start: August 1st, 2022 for new hire training
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2021 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator.
DAY IN THE LIFE
- Teach 6 instructional blocks for the students at varying levels of English Proficiency
- 90 minutes of planning time per day
- Attend a weekly coaching meeting with the Multilingual Education Administrator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead engaging, data-driven instruction in English Language Development utilizing a demonstrated knowledge of language acquisition, multilingualism, and culturally responsive pedagogy
- Analyze assessment data to understand students’ needs and implement research-based methods in all four language domains
- Execute robust progress monitoring to track language development, establish student goals, and drive instruction
- Create or adapt curricular resources to address students’ language development goals in alignment with ELD standards
- We do not require a Colorado Teaching License for our general education teaching positions. However, you do need to possess a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree and achieve Qualified Teacher Status within six weeks of your start date through one of the approved channels outlined by the Colorado Department of Education. More questions about this? We highly encourage you to connect with the folks at TEACH Colorado!
NICE TO HAVES
- Speaks Spanish and/or has experience working with Multilingual Learners
- Demonstrated success working with students of color
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30 minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team then a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer. You can read more about our process as well as get tips on preparing for an interview here!
Employee retention is a top priority at STRIVE Prep. Therefore we offer competitive compensation and benefits including the following:
- Excellent Healthcare Plan: 100% of employee-only monthly premium paid by STRIVE Prep.
- Recognition for Years of Service: All STRIVE Prep employees will receive an additional $3,000 in their base salary after the 3rd year, 5th year, and 7th year of service at STRIVE Prep.
- Celebrated for Muli-Lingual Abilities: We value our multilingual staff and the impact they have on our students and community. Therefore, staff that speak a language spoken by our families are eligible to receive an additional $2,000 to their base salary.
- Time Off To Refresh: Industry high 6+ weeks of annual vacation/PTO. Hard work is rewarded with ample time to refresh.
- Based on hire date, employees are eligible for up to 8 days of PTO
- All employees receive 2 floating religious holidays
- All employees receive summer vacation based on work location and position
- Community: Opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth. Join one of our Affinity Groups to build connections with staff across the network who share common identities.
- Career Support: Access to our Talent Team to support internal movement. We want you to grow your career at STRIVE!
- Family & Well Being Focus: Parental and medical leave of 6 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid for a total of 12 weeks.
- Mental Health Assistance: We value the wellness of our students and staff. That’s why we offer access to mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program with Optum.
- Resources and Development For Success: Equipment provided: laptop, Weekly coaching sessions
- Retirement Planning: Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option.
- For more information, you can view our compensation and benefits FAQ here.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
Not interested but know someone who would be a great fit? Refer them here and earn $200 for each successful hire!