Position: Math Interventionist
Reports to: Assistant Principal of Instruction
Location: Strive Prep - Green Valley Ranch Middle School (Denver, CO)
Salary: $50,000-$69,000 based on years of experience and education. This role is eligible for a $2,000 addition to base salary for passing a language proficiency test for an approved language as well as a relocation bonus. You can see an estimate of your salary offer by visiting the calculator on our website.
Status: Full time, exempt, in-person position
Start: August 1st, 2022
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2021 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The math interventionist will work closely to identify gaps, collect data and provide services for the math department. Additionally, while Math is the primary focus, the interventionist will also be responsible for social emotional intervention and reading intervention if needed. Lastly the math interventionist will teach Monday PE classes on top of their full time responsibilities.
SUMMARY of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Lead engaging, data-driven instruction in all intervention classes.
- Teach daily student interventions, providing individualized instruction based on student needs.
- Analyze student data and use it to provide student feedback and set goals
- Collaborate with other teachers, school leaders, curriculum directors, the Assistant Principal of Instruction and Student Services, and the special education team to ensure that instruction meets the needs of each learner.
- Lead a student advisory at the beginning and end of each school day, and serve as the main point of contact and advocate for students in an advisory of approximately 15 students.
- Own the success and achievement of all scholars in the school.
- Establish systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and welcoming classroom environment focused on learning.
- Collaborate with APC, Dean, and SEL specialist in planning and implementing Social Emotional Interventions.
- Communicate regularly with families to both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Provide supervision of students before and after school activities (arrival, dismissal, breakfast, lunch, and break).
- Participate in family and community events, including twice annual parent conferences and at least one student enrollment event or activity.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and grade level meetings.
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings and content-based department meetings.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep’s Summer Training Institute as well as professional development throughout the school year.
- We do not require a Colorado Teaching License for our general education teaching positions. However, you do need to possess a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree and achieve Qualified Teacher Status within six weeks of your start date through one of the approved channels outlined by the Colorado Department of Education. More questions about this? We highly encourage you to connect with the folks at TEACH Colorado!
- A commitment to the social emotional well-being of all scholars and the culture of the school. If the opening is located at any of the following STRIVE Prep campuses: Kepner, Montbello, Green Valley Ranch, or Federal this position will utilize the COMPASS: Valor's Social-Emotional Approach. We encourage you to check out this amazing program!
NICE TO HAVES
- Speaks Spanish and/or has experience working with English Learners
- Demonstrated success working with students of color
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30 minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team then a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer. You can read more about our process as well as get tips on preparing for an interview here!
Employee retention is a top priority at STRIVE Prep. Therefore we offer competitive compensation and benefits including the following:
- Excellent Healthcare Plan: 100% of employee-only monthly premium paid by STRIVE Prep.
- Recognition for Years of Service: All STRIVE Prep employees will receive an additional $3,000 in their base salary after the 3rd year, 5th year, and 7th year of service at STRIVE Prep.
- Celebrated for Multilingual Abilities: We value our multilingual staff and the impact they have on our students and community. Therefore, staff that speak a language spoken by our families are eligible to receive an additional $2,000 to their base salary.
- Time Off To Refresh: Industry high 6+ weeks of annual vacation/PTO. Hard work is rewarded with ample time to refresh.
- Based on hire date, employees are eligible for up to 8 days of PTO
- All employees receive 2 floating religious holidays
- All employees receive summer vacation based on work location and position
- Community: Opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth. Join one of our Affinity Groups to build connections with staff across the network who share common identities.
- Career Support: Access to our Talent Team to support internal movement. We want you to grow your career at STRIVE!
- Family & Well Being Focus: Parental and medical leave of 6 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid for a total of 12 weeks.
- Mental Health Assistance: We value the wellness of our students and staff. That’s why we offer access to mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program with Optum.
- Resources and Development For Success: Equipment provided: laptop, Weekly coaching sessions
- Retirement Planning: Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option.
- For more information, you can view our compensation and benefits FAQ here.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
Not interested but know someone who would be a great fit? Refer them here and earn $200 for each successful hire!