Position: Teacher (2022-2023)
Reports to: Assistant Principal of Instruction
Location: STRIVE Prep - Ruby Hill
Salary: $50,000-$69,000 based on years of experience and education (Effective 12/17/21). This role is eligible for a $2,000 addition to base salary for passing a language proficiency test for an approved language. You can see an estimate of your salary offer by visiting the calculator on our website.
Status: Full time, exempt, in-person position
Start Date: First reporting day will be 8/1/22 for Arrive at STRIVE new hire orientation
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2021 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator.
DAY IN THE LIFE
As an Elementary Teacher, you will have a classroom of 20-30 students that you will instruct daily alongside your co-teacher. At STRIVE Prep - Ruby Hill, all classrooms are co-taught by two teachers. This model will allow you to deliver the majority of instruction in small groups and provides our students with ample opportunity for targeted intervention.
The following outline the must haves for a candidate at Ruby Hill. These must-haves are skills, mindsets, attitudes and beliefs that are requirements to be successful at our school.
- You love academics. You believe that the foremost role of the school is to provide a high-quality academic education. You believe in standards-aligned curriculum and instruction and push for students to work with grade-level materials. You are excited to dive into standards and academic data and curricular resources to provide the best possible instruction for our students.
- You teach until they learn. You work hard, and when the challenges become greater you work even harder. You stay solutions-oriented and are always looking for ways to support teachers and students to achieve goals and overcome obstacles. You think creatively and collaborate with others and believe that your work is not done until each student has learned the lesson's content.
- Feedback is your friend. You relish the opportunity to receive feedback and to learn and grow in your instructional practice. The idea of being observed regularly and being given feedback before, during and after a lesson is exciting to you, because you are committed to improving your craft and maximizing your impact on student achievement. Feedback given and received is always in a spirit of generosity and “assuming the best” of the other person.
- You believe in structure and accountability. You are comfortable with a warm-strict approach to classroom management and believe in fair and consistent consequences. You believe that student safety comes first and that normed systems, routines and approaches to classroom "management" contribute to a safe environment and one in which students can excel academically.
- You build community through communication. You are a strong collaborator and work well with staff, students, and families. Youlove to both give and receive feedback. You are a strong communicator and collaborate and communicate well across lines of difference. You are flexible and are always willing to lend a hand to another staff member, family, or visitor.
- We do not require a Colorado Teaching License for our general education teaching positions. However, you do need to possess a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree and achieve Qualified Teacher Status within six weeks of your start date through one of the approved channels outlined by the Colorado Department of Education. More questions about this? We highly encourage you to connect with the folks at TEACH Colorado!
NICE TO HAVES
- Speaks Spanish and/or has experience working with English Learners
- Demonstrated success working with students of color
SUMMARY of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Analyze student assessment data and determine next steps.
- Become an expert in normed curriculum resources and adjust instruction to best meet the needs of students.
- Provide fair, accurate, and constructive feedback to students on their progress.
- Collaborate with other teachers, school leaders, curriculum specialists, and the special education team to ensure that instruction is always meeting the needs of all learners.
- Establish systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful and welcoming classroom environment.
- Build strong relationships with families and utilize communications skills to effectively both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Provide supervision of students during both lunch and recess activities.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep’s Summer Training Institute in July/August as well as professional development throughout the school year.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and grade level meetings.
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings.
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30 minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team then a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer. You can read more about our process as well as get tips on preparing for an interview here!
Employee retention is a top priority at STRIVE Prep. Therefore we offer competitive compensation and benefits including the following:
- Excellent Healthcare Plan: 100% of employee-only monthly premium paid by STRIVE Prep.
- Recognition for Years of Service: All STRIVE Prep employees will receive an additional $3,000 in their base salary after the 3rd year, 5th year, and 7th year of service at STRIVE Prep.
- Celebrated for Muli-Lingual Abilities: We value our multilingual staff and the impact they have on our students and community. Therefore, staff that speak a language spoken by our families are eligible to receive an additional $2,000 to their base salary.
- Time Off To Refresh: Industry high 6+ weeks of annual vacation/PTO. Hard work is rewarded with ample time to refresh.
- Based on hire date, employees are eligible for up to 8 days of PTO
- All employees receive 2 floating religious holidays
- All employees receive summer vacation based on work location and position
- Community: Opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth. Join one of our Affinity Groups to build connections with staff across the network who share common identities.
- Career Support: Access to our Talent Team to support internal movement. We want you to grow your career at STRIVE!
- Family & Well Being Focus: Parental and medical leave of 6 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid for a total of 12 weeks.
- Mental Health Assistance: We value the wellness of our students and staff. That’s why we offer access to mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program with Optum.
- Resources and Development For Success: Equipment provided: laptop, Weekly coaching sessions
- Retirement Planning: Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option.
- For more information, you can view our compensation and benefits FAQ here.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
Not interested but know someone who would be a great fit? Refer them here and earn $200 for each successful hire!