Position: IEP Manager
Reports to: Director of Student Services: Accountability & Compliance
Location: STRIVE PREP SMART, RISE, (Fed & Ruby Hill), (KEP, WW, Lake), (MBC, GVR, SNY)
Salary: $50,000-$69,000 based on years of experience and education (Effective 12/17/21) as well as a $3,000 increase for having one of the following licenses, SPED Education Generalist (5.02, 5.03, 5.04, 5.05, 5.08, 5.09). Finally, this role is eligible for a $2,000 addition to base salary for passing a language proficiency test for an approved language .You can see an estimate of your salary offer by visiting the calculator on our website.
Status: Full time exempt, in-person position
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2021 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator.
DAY IN THE LIFE
A STRIVE Mild/Moderate IEP Manager will respond to student needs through implementation and compliance of the Individual Education Plan (IEP) process. The incumbent will work in collaboration with the Special Education Department and campus staff to coordinate, plan, and facilitate IEP meetings. The IEP Manager will work with the IEP Coordinator to contact parents to schedule meetings at a mutually agreeable time, to increase parent participation. The IEP Manager will prepare the IEP paperwork and collect required documents from various staff members to utilize in making informed decisions for students receiving special education services.
These services are designed for students with varying disabilities receiving instruction in the general education and/or special education setting. This job is fast paced and ever changing, as it is the IEP Manager’s responsibility to meet compliance deadlines to ensure the provision of FAPE, immediate and collaborative response to student needs and implementation of the student’s individualized education plan with fidelity.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- A valid Colorado Teaching License with Special Education endorsement OR
- Transfer a Special Education Teaching License from another state to Colorado Achieve English Language Acquisition (ELA) qualification within 2 years of start date through one of the following channels:
- Denver Public Schools (DPS) ELA Training Program
- Advanced coursework
- Colorado endorsement
- 3-5 years of experience as a case manager for Individualized Education Plans
- Demonstrated success working with students with disabilities
- Professionalism and excellent customer service skills
- A commitment to the social emotional well-being of all scholars and the culture of the school.
NICE TO HAVES
- Speaks Spanish and/or has experience working with MLL Learners
- Demonstrated success working with students of color
SUMMARY of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Special Education Compliance
- Follow all district, state, and federal guidelines related to serving students with disabilities
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to student with disabilities as required by law
- Depending on your school site, evaluating and writing initial and transfer IEPs may be part of your role.
- Meet all timelines within IEP & DIstrict guidelines for annual meetings and evaluations
- Ensure that all federal and state requirements are met when conducting IEP meetings
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education, and local board policy in the areas of assessment, placement, and planning for students with disabilities
- Comply with all district and local campus routines and procedures
- Remain current on best practices, special education law, policies and procedure
Collaboration for IEP Development
- Work collaboratively with parents, students, Special Education teachers and school community personnel in the development of clear and measurable individual educational plans (IEP) goals and objectives that are aligned with the CCSS
- In collaboration with the Special Education Teachers,, review the data to determine the students’ present levels of performance.
- Collaborate with the Special Education teacher to determine the appropriate accommodations for students based on student needs and the students’ use of accommodations.
- Meet with the IEP team for a pre-meeting to review agenda and IEP prior to the IEP meeting.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities as required or assigned by district or special education department
- Prepare paperwork for all IEP meetings and staffings on assigned campus(es)
- Facilitate and participate in all IEP meetings and staffings on assigned campus(es)
- Provide professional development on assigned campus(es) to assist school personnel in programming for students with disabilities
- Monitor and assist staff in the implementation of the Individualized Education Plan
- Participate in required professional development and meetings, and follow all year-end procedures related to job assignment
- Effectively communicate with supervisors, colleagues, students and parents as well as maintaining positive and effective relationships
- Serve as a resource to campus administration on the implementation of special education services within the IEP
- Support District and department goals
- SSD Coordinator for College Board (HS only)
- Create a schedule for school teams to execute the IEP processes
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30 minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team then a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer. You can read more about our process as well as get tips on preparing for an interview here!
Employee retention is a top priority at STRIVE Prep. Therefore we offer competitive compensation and benefits including the following:
- Excellent Healthcare Plan: 100% of employee-only monthly premium paid by STRIVE Prep.
- Recognition for Years of Service: All STRIVE Prep employees will receive an additional $3,000 in their base salary after the 3rd year, 5th year, and 7th year of service at STRIVE Prep.
- Celebrated for Multi-Lingual Abilities: We value our multilingual staff and the impact they have on our students and community. Therefore, staff that speak a language spoken by our families are eligible to receive an additional $2,000 to their base salary.
- Time Off To Refresh: Industry high 6+ weeks of annual vacation/PTO. Hard work is rewarded with ample time to refresh.
- Based on hire date, employees are eligible for up to 8 days of PTO
- All employees receive 2 floating religious holidays
- All employees receive summer vacation based on work location and position
- Community: Opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth. Join one of our Affinity Groups to build connections with staff across the network who share common identities.
- Career Support: Access to our Talent Team to support internal movement. We want you to grow your career at STRIVE!
- Family & Well Being Focus: Parental and medical leave of 6 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid for a total of 12 weeks.
- Mental Health Assistance: We value the wellness of our students and staff. That’s why we offer access to mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program with Optum.
- Resources and Development For Success: Equipment provided: laptop, Weekly coaching sessions
- Retirement Planning: Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option.
- For more information, you can view our compensation and benefits FAQ here.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
Not interested but know someone who would be a great fit? Refer them here and earn $200 for each successful hire!