Position: Assistant Principal of Culture (2022-2023)
Reports to: Principal
Location: STRIVE Prep - SMART
Salary: $70,000 - $89,000* based on years of experience with an opportunity to add $2,000 to base pay upon meeting qualifications for multilingual assessment.
Status: Full-time, In-person, Exempt Position
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2021 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator.
Complete the following duties:
- Attending admin meetings as needed (Huddle, Instructional Leadership Team, Culture Team, and MTSS meetings)
- Observe classroom culture by way of walkthroughs
- Coaching and managing other culture team members
- Collaborate with leaders, teachers, students, and families to support student behavior
- Partner with attendance team to develop tier 1 interventions
- Home visits to build relationships with students and families
With the must-haves driving your daily approach to the work, the successful Assistant Principal of Culture will perform the following essential functions of the role:
- Establish and execute school-wide restorative justice systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and inclusive school environment.
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit input and share student social and academic progress, while empowering teachers to do the same.
- Manage campus culture, behavioral, and discipline systems and support intervention plan to support students with social and emotional needs.
- Oversee and run the campus culture system.
- Run daily lunch reflection
- Oversee the consistent implementation of STRIVE Prep Discipline Matrix, Title 9 investigations, mediations, and crisis response as necessary.
- Lead grade-level teams and teachers to develop and implement successful behavior plans.
- Collaborate with Assistant Principals of Instruction to support coaching on school-wide culture to ensure that classrooms are safe and conducive to learning.
- Meet regularly with Grade Level Lead/Chair(s) to further develop his or her capacity to lead a positive and proactive grade-level team.
- Collaborate with school leaders to design and implement excellent professional development.
- Ensure that students are safe and maximize learning time by always modeling the upholding school-wide behavioral and academic expectations and coaching other staff to do the same.
- Provide daily culture updates during leadership and whole school huddles each morning.
- Bachelor Degree
- Prior experience working with school-aged children
- Experience with trauma-informed practice
- Resourceful and innovative problem solver
- Strategic planning experience with a strong vision for school culture
NICE TO HAVES
- Fluent Spanish and English speaker
- Strong ability to drive change management
- School experience
- Mental Health and/or behavior theory and Functional Behavioral Analysis experience
- Prior coaching or supervisory experience
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30-minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team, and a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer. You can read more about our process as well as get tips on preparing for an interview here!
Employee retention is a top priority at STRIVE Prep. Therefore we offer competitive compensation and benefits including the following:
- 100% of employee-only monthly premium paid by STRIVE Prep.
- All STRIVE Prep employees will receive an additional $3,000 in their base salary after the 3rd year, 5th year, and 7th year of service at STRIVE Prep.
- We value our multilingual staff and the impact they have on our students and community. Therefore, staff that speaks a language spoken by our families are eligible to receive an additional $2,000 to their base salary.
- Industry high 6+ weeks of annual vacation/PTO. Hard work is rewarded with ample time to refresh.
- Based on the hire date, employees are eligible for up to 8 days of PTO
- All employees receive 2 floating religious holidays
- All employees receive summer vacation based on work location and position
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option.
- Opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth.
- Equipment provided: laptop
- Weekly coaching sessions
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
Not interested but know someone who would be a great fit? Refer them here and earn $200 for each successful hire!