Position: Human Resources Generalist (Immediate)
Reports to: Senior Director of Human Resources
Location: STRIVE Prep - Central Office (Denver, CO)
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 based on years of experience
Direct Reports: None
Status: in-person, full time salary exempt role
Start: As soon as possible with a flexible start date
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2021 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Human Resources Generalist will join STRIVE Prep’s Talent Team at an exciting time of transformation where we are: 1. Evolving our internal and network-wide culture with a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) focus; and 2. Redefining our HR service model to provide more site-based support and relationship building, which are both key to achieving our talent strategy to be the best place for diverse top talent to work in education in Denver. In so doing, we will create a best-in-class culture and work environment that unleashes breakthrough results in each of our 500 team members and 3,800 students across 10 schools, who are Learning to Change the World.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Unwavering commitment to STRIVE Prep’s mission and vision
- Demonstrated ability to implement constructive feedback quickly and effectively in fast paced environments; independently seeks additional development opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to build authentic relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively move though conflict
- Passionate about pursuing a career in HR
- Independent travel (20%) in the Denver metro area
NICE TO HAVES
- Shared identities and experiences with our STRIVE Prep students
- Speaks Spanish or a language spoken by our STRIVE Prep students
- A degree focused in Human Resource Management, labor relations, organizational development
- 1+ year of professional experience in HR field
- K-12 professional experience
- SHRM-CP or HRCI-PHR certification
Benefits, Wellness, & Leave of Absences
- Administers network employee serving benefits and wellness programs.
- Manages benefits management and orientation.
- Coordinates and manages leave of absences in accordance with applicable policies and laws.
Technology, Human Capital Management (HCM) & Data Integrity
- Ensures accuracy of all employee data in HCM.
- Executes reporting and compliance requests on an ongoing basis.
- Trains employees and managers to efficiently and effectively use HCM.
- Manages employee, position, and competition changes in HCM.
- Manages HR ticketing system.
Onboarding & Offboarding
- Manages a best-in-class onboarding and orientation experience that reflects a strong culture of inclusion.
- Administers systems and processes to ensure proper monitoring, improvement, and cross-functional coordination of onboarding and offboarding activities.
- Manages a best-in-class offboarding experience for departing team members.
- Analyze exit interview data to identify trends to improve employee retention.
- Develops and fosters strong working relationships with employees across departments.
- Ensures policies, procedures, and practices are implemented through a DEI lens.
- Communicates, advises, and trains on policies, procedures, and relevant labor and employment laws to ensure proper administration and compliance.
- Conducts employee relations investigations and restorative conversations.
- Provides coaching to employees to address their concerns or enhance their contributions to the business.
Law, Policy, & Compliance
- Ensures HR policies, procedures and programs are consistently administered.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and relevant, federal, state and local employment legislation and their applicability to STRIVE Prep.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the Director of Human Resources for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Coordinates and manages applicable portfolio information and data for any required compliance testing and reporting.
- Assist with other duties/tasks as needed or assigned by the Director of Human Resources and other senior leadership team members.
- As a member of the Central Team, you will be an active participant in network and school level activities and/or events including but not limited to: summer training testing, normed grading, our VOICES DEI training, and other interactions with staff and scholars.
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30 minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team then a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer.
Employee retention is a top priority at STRIVE Prep. Therefore we offer competitive compensation and benefits including the following:
- Excellent Healthcare Plan: 100% of employee-only monthly premium paid by STRIVE Prep.
- Celebrated for Muli-Lingual Abilities: We value our multilingual staff and the impact they have on our students and community. Therefore, staff that speak a language spoken by our families are eligible to receive an additional $2,000 to their base salary.
- Time Off To Refresh: Industry high 6+ weeks of annual vacation/PTO. Hard work is rewarded with ample time to refresh.
- Based on hire date, employees are eligible for up to 8 days of PTO
- All employees receive 2 floating religious holidays
- All employees receive summer vacation based on work location and position
- Community: Opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth. Join one of our Affinity Groups to build connections with staff across the network who share common identities.
- Career Support: Access to our Talent Team to support internal movement. We want you to grow your career at STRIVE!
- Family & Well Being Focus: Parental and medical leave of 6 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid for a total of 12 weeks.
- Mental Health Assistance: We value the wellness of our students and staff. That’s why we offer access to mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program with Optum.
- Resources and Development For Success: Equipment provided: laptop, Weekly coaching sessions
- Retirement Planning: Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option.
- For more information, you can view our compensation and benefits FAQ here.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
Not interested but know someone who would be a great fit? Refer them here and earn $200 for each successful hire!