Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial and agricultural markets. Anaergia’s integrated solutions create value for its customers in the forms of renewable energy, quality fertilizers and clean water, while dramatically reducing the cost of waste management. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients.
Consistently coordinate the assigned engineering activities to complete the project’s design in compliance with the project schedule and with the budget; observing the correctness and the completeness of the provided information.
The PE’s goals can be summarized as follow:
Tasks, Authority and Liability
A Project Engineer III is expected to be able to perform all tasks below without guidance or supervision. A Project Engineer III will be the technical lead for a project and may be used to review other project’s documents performed by Project Engineer I and II. Additionally, a PE III may also have other managerial responsibilities within the company.
PE III is authorized to:
Safety and Quality-Related Responsibilities
The PE is responsible for the rigorous application of the company rules and standards about the engineering activities, for the accuracy of the information provided and for the compliance with the contract requirements and specification of each project.
Compliance to safety is priority one for Anaergia.
During the entire design activity, the Project Engineer shall assess all aspects related to health risks and safety through all phases of the project (design, construction, operation, maintenance and dismantling) and take actions to eliminate, mitigate and advise all involved figures about the remaining risk.
Holds a technical diploma or graduation in: Civil Engineering / Mechanical engineering/ Chemical Engineering or equivalent
At least 10 years of progressively complex Project Engineering in the Industrial Plant business.
Technical/ Special Competences
The PE has the following technical skillsets:
- Understanding of contract specification and identification of supply limits for the design activity of complex mechanical plants;
- Basis of Mechanical/Hydraulic design, Electrical Design and Control systems;
- Knowledge about national and international regulations for the design of waste treatment, renewable energies and biogas plants;
- Experience managing relationship with all parties involved in the project design;
- Fluent in English.
Cross -Functional Competences
To execute the job with the “right sense of priority” the PE shall understand how their activity affects other functions as well as other functions can influence either positively or negatively, the achievement of the PE goals. Competencies include:
- Basic knowledge of “project management” and how the adopted solutions affect the project budget and schedule;
- Good understanding of sales strategies, how they influence the engineering process and how the engineering process may affect sales;
- Familiarity with purchasing, identify and promote purchasing strategies for products, contracting and services, mainly based on:
o High volume/value (synergies/ standardized products)
o Critical items (e.g. limited number of suppliers, Long Lead Items, etc..).
- Biogas specific competences;
- Waste Treatment specific competences;
- Waste Water Treatment Plant specific competences
For additional information on Anaergia, please visit www.anaergia.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Anaergia provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Anaergia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.