Commissioning Consultants, LLP is a nationally recognized, innovative consulting firm specializing in HVAC systems commissioning. We are nationally certified by the AABC Commissioning Group (ACG) and have more than 70 years combined HVAC troubleshooting experience.
Engineer, Construction Project Manager, or Energy Manager with commercial building commissioning experience, capable of managing the commissioning process, building client relationships, and working with technical staff.
- Assist in preparation of installation verification checklists and functional performance testing scripts based on contract documents
- Provide on-site observations during construction for the Project Manager, including witnessing equipment start-up and Test, Adjust & Balance operations
- Commissioning (Cx) of HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Building Management Systems (BMS) and lighting control systems.
- Analyze historical trend data from Building Management Systems (BMS) to provide meaningful & actionable information to owners, contractors, and engineers
- Assist in generation of comprehensive issues logs, Cx reports and other documentation.
- Provide post-construction troubleshooting of HVAC and BMS controls
- Review calculations, construction documents, specs and LEED / Green Globe documents.
- Communicate and coordinate with General Contractor for on-site inspection and testing activities
- Perform and document observations including review of shop drawings, submittals, and manufacturer O&Ms.
- Potential for overnight travel approximately 30% of weeknights
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Periodically, this job can be physically demanding. The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Ability to frequently lift or carry 20 to 50 pounds. Ability to climb ladders. Individuals may need to ride or drive in a vehicle for 2 or more hours at a time depending on position. Individuals working at an outside job site may be exposed to varying temperatures including very hot (above 90 degrees F) or very cold (below 32 degrees F) and all weather conditions. Individuals may be exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. Performing this job requires frequent use of hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to sit, talk, hear, and frequently stand throughout the day. Must be able to climb, reach above shoulder height, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently. The position occasionally may require lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The position may require working ten-hour shifts and can work twelve hour days when job/business needs demand.
- Zero (0) to five (5) years experience in the design, construction, and start-up/Commissioning of HVAC, BMS, and plumbing for retail, commercial, institutional, and industrial buildings
- Preferred: Familiarity with green building design practices and/or LEED.
- 2-year degree related to engineering or Construction Science & Management
- Preferred: 4-year degree in similar fields
- Ideal: Engineer In Training (EIT) certification.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Efficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, willing and able to learn other software as job duties require
- Attend and engage in meetings with clients, owners, contractors in a positive and productive manner.
- Possess a good work ethic and be efficient in job duties.
- Willing to work extra hours above 40 hours a week when necessary to meet project deadlines and client demands.