We are hiring for the 2022-23 school year. This position is for Middle School students grades 6-8
Bed-Stuy New Beginnings:
Bedford Stuyvesant New Beginnings Charter School is an elementary and middle school proudly serving the students in our neighborhood in Brooklyn, affectionately known worldwide as 'Bed-Stuy'. Opened in 2010, we serve more than 670 scholars in Kindergarten - Eighth Grade through the pursuit of 21st century learning, project based & service learning, and traditional coursework strategies, students will be prepared to succeed in academically competitive schools as well as become responsible citizens of the global community.
Our ELA Teachers:
Our English Language Arts Teachers are a key component to our Middle School Team. Our ELA Teachers are committed to turning ELA into exciting, engaging, and rigorous opportunities for each and every scholar.
We foster a culture of excitement about learning for our students by partnering together to create vibrant learning environments focused on project- and inquiry-based learning. We have a co-teaching model that allows our classroom teachers to partner together to ensure our scholars are engaged with rich and rigorous lesson material. We have a collaborative environment that is designed to help our scholars engage in their studies as well as in their natural curiosities and to embrace a culture that is based on restorative practices; allowing our scholars to feel connected, empowered, and respected.
A day in the life of our ELA Teachers:
- You will collaborate with your fellow teachers to ensure our curriculum meets and exceeds the common core standards of learning.
- You will partner with your co-teacher to create and implement creative subject specific unit and lesson plans based on the needs of your scholars and that are in accordance with the BSNBCS Mission.
- You will assist with preparing students for the New York State exams.
- Collaborate with other Teachers to share best practices so can professionally grow as a team.
- You’ll regularly report student progress while maintaining accurate and up to date records related to scholars’ achievement and performance.
- BSNBCS puts a big focus on our community, so you will need to take an active role in community outreach.
- Learning should be fun, so we want you to enjoy teaching and make every effort to make the learning environment engaging and exciting for your scholars!
What you need to bring to the table:
- You MUST have a valid and current New York State Teacher Certification. If you are not certified to teach in New York State, you must be actively working toward becoming certified to teach in New York via one of the NYS approved teacher certification pathways.
- You MUST have a bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- You MUST clear a fingerprint background check to work in any school in NY, so we require all teachers to be cleared through
- prior to starting employment with us. This cannot be waived and must be complete PRIOR to starting employment with us.
- You should have at least 2+ years of classroom teaching experience, preferably in an urban school.
What we offer you:
- A full-time position with a competitive salary that is commensurate with your experience and qualification.
- Amazing benefits! As a member of the team, your care and well-being are a top priority. You will have a great benefits package that is not only affordable but includes all the perks and benefits you deserve!
- Enhanced Benefits! Our enhanced benefits program provides funds for each employee to use toward physical, mental, emotional and financial well-being; to include financial support for certification, college costs, and student loan debt.
- The opportunity to shape the future. Each of our scholars has the potential to do great things. All they need is you to help show them how they can succeed!
- A friendly and collaborative working environment: Our classrooms use a co-teaching model that encourages partnership and collaboration with your fellow teachers. We provide weekly professional learning community engagement and opportunities to participate in school wide activities!
- The change to grow as a professional: You will be offered many opportunities to refine your skills and grow as a professional educator through quality professional development opportunities offered throughout the year!
- A learning environment that is innovative and creative: You will be empowered to be to take ownership of the learning environment in your classroom through 21st learning that is focused in project based, and inquiry based learning systems!
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. If your qualifications and experience are a match for our positions we will contact you for an initial phone interview.