GROUND STUDIO is an award-winning landscape architecture studio with offices in Monterey, Napa and soon Santa Barbara. Our work celebrates the uniqueness and diversity of each client and place, maintaining a consistent focus on design excellence, thorough project management, and superior service. Our process is rooted in collaboration, and team members are involved throughout the project duration, from design conception to details, demanding dedicated engagement in the entire process. Visit www.groundstudio.com for an overview of our work.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Office Administrator to join our Central Coast office in beautiful Monterey. We are looking for an ambitious, hard worker who can multi-task and be detail-oriented while maintaining a high level of efficiency and professionalism. This is a full-time position with compensation commensurate with experience. Our team convenes in person Monday-Wednesday and works remotely Thursday and Fridays. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, insurance; medical, dental, vision, and term life, plus participation in a retirement (401k) plan and bonus program.
- Assisting with department needs for the Administrative & Executive teams
- Studio Administration - filing, copying, ordering office supplies, e-mailing, keeping the company calendar, shipping & receiving, creating and or modifying documents in Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe, Google Docs, etc.
- IT Coordination - assisting with deploying and maintaining working condition of all office computer & networking equipment, printers and mobile devices, provide 1:1 troubleshooting with staff on any tech + networking related issues, accountable for software license and computer purchasing/leasing administration and recordkeeping therefor, coordinating new and separated employee software installation and configuration + account creation/termination (Adobe, SketchUp, Vectorworks, Microsoft, iOS, G-Suite email + calendar sharing, Asana, RingCentral, Get My Time, Egnyte, Dropbox, iCloud Contacts, etc.), track and maintain equipment inventory, assist with the administration of company website and marketing materials as needed, collaborate with Admin Team and staff to implement standards, policies and best practices, all with the guidance of the Administration Team.
- Management Team Administrative Support - tending to tech support requests, purchasing needs, device set-up and deployment, software installation, scheduled upgrades and any migrations necessary in a timely fashion. Assist as needed with updating calendars, scheduling autoresponders, and connectivity issues, provide administrative support, creating and updating internal forms as needed.
- Maintaining Studio Equipment - assisting with organizing and monitoring the general maintenance and security of the office equipment, coordinating repairs, cleaning, preventative maintenance, lease renewals, etc..
- Studio Maintenance - keep the office clean, stocked, and organized throughout kitchen, conference rooms, and bathrooms, storage rooms/closets, and communal areas
- Studio Maintenance - keep the office clean, stocked, and organized throughout kitchen, conference rooms, and bathrooms, storage rooms/closets, and communal areas.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of post-graduate related professional experience, including IT, networking, administration, and customer service.
SKILLS REQUIRED IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Above average skills in communications, attitude, professionalism, work ethic and strong customer service orientation with a winning mentality
- Bookkeeping experience preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of Google Docs and Forms
- Advanced knowledge of the Networking, Mac OS platform and Apple Support - an understanding of setting up computers & servers for both in-person and remote workers and troubleshooting problems as they arise
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft & Adobe Suites - programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook, Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Fresco, Sketch and more.
- Advanced knowledge and/or willingness to learn SketchUp and Vectorworks CAD software platforms, used on a daily basis by Design team.
- Highly detail oriented, able to work diligently and independently
- Professional and friendly demeanor when handling sensitive business calls
- Ability to deliver excellent customer care, externally and internally, in a professional manner
- Effective team player that completes individual tasks on time, closes communication loops and asks clarifying questions to assure mutual understanding
- Excellent in-person, phone, email and written communication skills for team members and clients
- Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Office Administrator” in the subject line.
- No phone calls, please.