Who We Are
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio, that starts and manages urban public charter schools that close the opportunity gap. The network includes two high-performing middle schools and two high-performing elementary schools. We are seeking 6th-8th Grade Teachers to join our network at either Columbus Collegiate Academy - Dana Ave. or Columbus Collegiate Academy - Main St.
Vision & Mission
Vision: For every child, an open door.
Mission: Transforming lives and our communities through the power of education.
- We hold high academic and behavioral expectations to ensure the growth of every student.
- We engage and grow competent and experienced school leadership and staff.
- We offer a rigorous academic program with intentional student supports and a comprehensive character education program.
- We provide clear standards, research-proven curriculum, and frequent assessment.
- We are a mission-driven school community.
Our Students and Results
- Admission is open to all students; academic proficiency is not considered during the admissions process.
- 75% of our students are students of color and 90% are economically disadvantaged.
- USN schools serve students in grades K-8 and have a robust alumni services program.
- USN 8th graders regularly gain acceptance to the top high school programs in the city.
Joining Our Team
CCA - Dana Ave. or CCA - Main St. will consider hiring a full-time teacher who:
- Is dedicated to educational success for all students.
- Is committed to using data-driven instructional practices and the techniques outlined in Teach Like a Champion 2.0 to improve student outcomes.
- Is relentless in writing and refining curriculum, lessons, and assessments.
- Is open and committed to implementing frequent feedback from lead teachers and school leaders.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Holds a B.A./B.S. degree and the appropriate teaching license.
- Has demonstrated student achievement results in an urban school (preferred).
- Completes other duties as assigned by the School Director.
Terms of Employment
This position will begin on August 1, 2021 though applications will be considered immediately. The starting salary for this position is $38,000, benefits are competitive, and teachers are eligible to participate in Ohio’s State Teacher Retirement System (STRS). CCA - Dana Ave. and CCA - Main St. are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Apply online at www.applitrack.com/cca/onlineapp.