Saturday Socials is a social and life skills learning program geared towards teens and adults on the autism spectrum or with related supportive needs. Participants build friendships and experience new adventures through field trip experiences. Participants have a blast and revel in their sense of freedom.
- Attend all program dates, trainings, and meetings
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate understanding for different abilities
- Support and engage participants in all activities
- Ensure participants’ safety
- HS diploma, bachelor degree preferred in subject area relating to social services, education, or developmental disabilities
- Preferred experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Able to participate in physically engaging activity
- A customer-service orientation to one’s work, and an interest and ability to interface regularly with parents and/or caregivers.
- Interest in providing direct care service
- Must be available to work 2 Saturdays per month September through June in the late afternoons/early evenings; dates and time vary
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively with other staff to achieve programmatic goals