We believe sports are important because they encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, and confidence—important life lessons that have the power to propel our youth toward meaningful futures. We recognize that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those dedicated heroes and make it our mission to help them do what they do best by delivering live video streaming, scorekeeping, and team communication tools to over 550,000 youth sports teams.
So if you love sports, or building cool products is your sport, GameChanger is the team for you. We are a remote-first, dynamic tech company based in New York City, and are solving some of the biggest challenges in youth sports today.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of software developers building iOS and Android applications as well as optimizing the core systems of the platform. You will be a leader, mentor, and hands-on developer when needed. You will collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Marketers, QA Analysts, and other engineering leaders. You will report into one of our Engineering Directors.
What You’ll Do:
- Encourage engineers to contribute at the highest level and serve our customers.
- Ship early and often. New app versions are released every week.
- Work with leadership peers to refine and improve our innovative engineering culture.
- Promote responsible engineering practices across the whole engineering organization.
- Help engineers gain technical breadth and depth, improve judgment, and develop into tomorrow’s leaders.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of critical features used by millions of users.
Who You Are:
- People management background.
- Several years of software development experience, including as a technical lead.
- Comfort working and leading in a Lean and Agile environment.
- Hands-on experience developing native applications on iOS and/or Android and interest in learning a variety of technology stacks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer empathy.
- History of successful product delivery.
- Work remotely or from our well-furnished, modern office in NYC’s FiDi.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Technology stipend - $3,500 every 2 years to purchase new technology.
- Full health benefits - medical, dental, vision, prescription, FSA/HRA, etc., as well as coverage for family/dependents.
- Life insurance - basic life, supplemental life, and dependent life.
- Disability leave - short-term disability and long-term disability.
- Retirement savings - 401K plan offered through Vanguard.
- Generous maternity/paternity leave.
- Commuter benefits.
- DICK’S Sporting Goods Teammate Discount.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.