We believe sports are important because they encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, and confidence—important life lessons that have the power to propel our youth toward meaningful futures. We recognize that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those dedicated heroes and make it our mission to help them do what they do best by delivering live video streaming, scorekeeping, and team communication tools to over 550,000 youth sports teams.
So if you love sports, or building cool products is your sport, GameChanger is the team for you. We are a remote-first, dynamic tech company based in New York City, and are solving some of the biggest challenges in youth sports today.
As an SDET, you will work with our Platform team to ensure that iOS, Android, and web applications meet our high standards for quality. You will build test automation frameworks and maintain the test suites across our platforms. This is a full-time position within GameChanger's Engineering department and can be located either remotely throughout the US or at our headquarters in NYC. You will report to our Senior QA Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Lead quality assurance on our Platform team.
- Establish an automated test environment for UI testing for our Android, iOS, and Web apps.
- Integrate with test case management, bug tracking, source control, and continuous integration platforms.
- Educate team members on test automation.
- Design, implement and fix automated test scenarios.
- Estimate test efforts, analyze and communicate test results and participate in QA activities.
- Identify required improvements in the test and development processes and contribute to our automation tools.
- Coordinate with our Platform team's engineers to achieve stable product releases.
- Learn and understand release processes while improving, and growing our test coverage.
- Document issues using a bug-tracking system.
- Communicate issues found, concerns, and feedback back to the team.
- Help planning sessions and handle release processes.
Who You Are:
- Experience building automated testing frameworks, including for iOS and Android native apps.
- Experience in test automation scripting using Python, Espresso (Java), XCUI Test (Swift), and Selenium.
- Experience in API testing, load testing, performance testing, and security testing.
- Experience working in an Agile development process.
- Precision in isolating issues and identifying steps to reproduce.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
- Work remotely or from our well-furnished, modern office in NYC's FiDi
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Technology stipend - $3,500 every 2 years to purchase new technology.
- Full health benefits - medical, dental, vision, prescription, FSA/HRA., and coverage for family/dependents.
- Life insurance - basic life, supplemental life, and dependent life.
- Disability leave - short-term disability and long-term disability.
- Retirement savings - 401K plan offered through Vanguard.
- Generous maternity/paternity leave.
- Commuter benefits.
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Teammate Discount.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.