We believe sports are important because they encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, and confidence—important life lessons that have the power to propel our youth toward meaningful futures. We recognize that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those dedicated heroes and make it our mission to help them do what they do best by delivering live video streaming, scorekeeping, and team communication tools to over 550,000 youth sports teams.
So if you love sports, or building cool products is your sport, GameChanger is the team for you. We are a remote-first, dynamic tech company based in New York City, and are solving some of the biggest challenges in youth sports today.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to embed within one of our product teams and partner with product, engineering, marketing, and design. You'll develop metrics and produce insights to help shape the product roadmap guide, with the goal of building better products. You'll use and grow your excellent collaboration skills to translate business questions into data questions, and then provide your findings to a broad audience. You will report into our Analytics Engineering Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the measurement of new product features, transforming the data in the warehouse, and reporting the results.
- Work with product managers to determine meaningful metrics.
- Build data visualizations and dashboards that demonstrate your findings.
- Find opportunities for experimentation and recommend appropriate methodology.
- Produce hypotheses for future product features.
- Translate ad-hoc requests into reusable data tools that can scale to answer broader questions.
- Mentor cross-functional teammates to level up as consumers and users of data.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) that includes some quantitative coursework (economics, statistics, research methods).
- 2+ years in a cross-functional or stakeholder-focused data role.
- Proficiency in writing SQL and working with relational databases.
- Experience with BI tools (we use Looker) and data visualization.
- Excellent written, verbal, and graphic communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Cross-functional experience at a consumer software company.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts (experimental design, confidence intervals, regression analysis, causal inference, A/B testing).
- Some proficiency in Python, R, TypeScript, or other scripting languages.
- Version control and GitHub.
- Work remotely or from our well-furnished, modern office in NYC's FiDi.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Technology stipend - $3,500 every 2 years to purchase new technology.
- Full health benefits - medical, dental, vision, prescription, FSA/HRA., and coverage for family/dependents.
- Life insurance - basic life, supplemental life, and dependent life.
- Disability leave - short-term disability and long-term disability.
- Retirement savings - 401K plan offered through Vanguard.
- Generous maternity/paternity leave.
- Commuter benefits.
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Teammate Discount.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.