We believe sports are important because they encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, and confidence—important life lessons that have the power to propel our youth toward meaningful futures. We recognize that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those dedicated heroes and make it our mission to help them do what they do best by delivering live video streaming, scorekeeping, and team communication tools to over 550,000 youth sports teams.
So if you love sports, or building cool products is your sport, GameChanger is the team for you. We are a remote-first, dynamic tech company based in New York City, and are solving some of the biggest challenges in youth sports today.
As a Cyber Security Software Developer, you will help develop our main security infrastructure, and implement security best practices across the many platforms our users work with. You will report to our Platform Engineering Manager.
What You'll Do
- Work with a small team of collaborative, polyglot engineers.
- Contribute to our backend API and mobile apps, used by millions of active users.
- Architect and build frameworks and services to be used by multiple customer-facing teams.
- Teach and learn with engineers across the company.
- Advocate for security practices across the organization.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience to have developed software engineering fundamentals.
- Degree in Cybersecurity or experience in a security engineering role.
- Experience developing software. We work with TypeScript but you'll get a chance to learn it if your background is with different languages.
- Knowledge in building authentication systems and using AWS IAM.
- Interest in application and cloud security.
- Experience mentoring engineers.
- Work remotely or from our well-furnished, modern office in NYC's FiDi.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Technology stipend - $3,500 every 2 years to purchase new technology.
- Full health benefits - medical, dental, vision, prescription, FSA/HRA., and coverage for family/dependents.
- Life insurance - basic life, supplemental life, and dependent life.
- Disability leave - short-term disability and long-term disability.
- Retirement savings - 401K plan offered through Vanguard.
- Generous maternity/paternity leave.
- Commuter benefits.
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Teammate Discount.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.