Dipont Education is seeking a Science Curriculum Specialist to develop science curricula for Grades 6 to 8 in bilingual schools.
Reporting to the deputy director of education/science subject leader, the Science Curriculum Leader will:
- Create the Dipont science curriculum for Grades 6 to 8 in bilingual schools
- Integrate resources and develop an implementation plan, including Dipont curriculum standards, frameworks, schemes of work, teachers’ resources packages, etc.
- Work with external advisors (Chinese National Curriculum experts) on curriculum research, and comparison and adaption
- Liaise with and support science teachers in bilingual schools on updating schemes of work for different grades across Grades 6 to 8.
- Manage teaching and learning resources across bilingual schools for G6–8 science
- Create a resource bank, including teaching resources, textbooks, lesson plans and professional development resources for teachers
- Monitor and assess the use of the resource bank as well as resource sharing across schools.
- Offer and guide the professional development of teachers
- Establish regular collaboration among science coordinators/head of departments in bilingual schools
- Guide and regulate science assessment in bilingual schools
- Guide and support science-related projects and extracurricular courses
- Provide guidance on the transition from Grades 1 and 5 to Grades 6 to 8.
Candidates for the Secondary Science Curriculum Specialist role should possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in science or a relevant subject
- Good experience and knowledge of science curricula, with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) experience or Chinese national curriculum science teaching experience favorable
- A minimum of eight years’ science subject teaching, with teaching experience in China favorable
- Experience in a science coordinator or head of science role
- Good cross-cultural communication
- Teacher training experience
- The ability to work under pressure.