Position: CASA B. OLDER ADULT CENTER -Social Worker Salary Range: 50K-60K
Full Time: 35 hours/week
The purpose of Neighborhood SHOPP Older Adult Centers is to provide a community focal point on aging where older persons come together for services and activities that enhance their dignity, support their independence, and encourage their involvement in and with the community.
Services to be Rendered:
The Social Worker is specifically responsible for the following tasks:
- Conduct outreach (including program presentations), screening, intake and registration of clients on and off-site.
- Screen individual clients for benefits, entitlements and services to assess need and eligibility.
- Inform client of benefits, entitlements, services that client is determined to be eligible.
- Assist clients with filling out application/re-certification forms, completing paperwork, and/or collecting documentation and follow-up to ensure benefit is obtained.
- Arrange for accompaniment of clients to office that administers the benefit or to other locations in connection with the application if it is determined that client is in need of this service.
- Provide individual and/or group supportive counseling to help individuals needing personal support or support with problems of daily living.
- Provide information and referral to other appropriate agencies and identify community resources for consultation and referral.
- Supervise case work staff.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Conduct program team meetings and provide case consultation assistance.
- Develop and approve work/ off-site schedules; approve time sheets and petty cash.
- Provide field work instruction for social work students.
- Identify and maintain collaborative relationships within the organization as well as with the human services network; develop and implement presentations for information and referral.
- Maintain and update agency’s Resource Directory.
- Maintain agency records, and reports required for documentation and statistical reporting for funding sources.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of staff meetings, staff training, and staff development.
- Assist with public relations and promotion of SHOPP and SHOPP events.
- Represent SHOPP at community, regional and professional meetings as appropriate to the position or approved by administration.
The Social Worker is responsible for the provision of case work services to clients and for the day-to-day operation of the Social Service Unit. The Social Worker reports directly to the Program Director. The position requires a Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited school and experience in a social service setting providing direct services and program administration. Knowledge of and clinical experience with the older adult population and community-based services are also required. Bi-lingual fluency in Spanish is preferred. Computer literacy and knowledge of client database programs is important.
Neighborhood Self Help by Older Persons Project (SHOPP) is a non-profit social services agency located in the Bronx serving minority older adults. SHOPP’s mission is based on the philosophy of self help. We believe that older people are capable of helping themselves and helping others improve their capacity to deal with the physical, emotional, social, and financial challenges they face as they age.
To apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com ATTN: Diana Delgado, Neighborhood SHOPP
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER