This position works closely with the Marketing Director to enhance the mall’s overall success through the implementation of mall marketing programs, community events, retailer relations and sponsorship.
- Assists in the creation, implementation and execution of community events
- Helps maintain property website, social media communications, email database, and collateral material
- Works closely with tenants to obtain feedback, including sales and retailer quotes, after mall events and/or promotions
- Assists in planning all marketing related meetings, including meetings with retailers, security/housekeeping staff, prospective clients, etc.
- Develops and maintains a Calendar of Events for the property and distributes to the tenants and staff
- Works with Marketing Director to ensure all seasonal signage and messaging is up to date, and in the correct locations in mall
- Assists with all marketing related programs, including KidX, etc.
- Supports general manager in obtaining sponsorship opportunities for the mall, including but not limited to, making cold calls, sending out flyers, etc.
- Creates event briefs and internal planning forms before events
- Create Proof of Performance recaps after all mall events
- Assists Administrative Assistant by answering phones, filing, answering customer/tenant questions and complaints, etc.
- Assist with PR/media alerts
- Works with graphic designers on print and digital media
- Assists with ordering, installing and setting up holiday décor
- Works with Marketing Director to make changes/updates to all mall directories and signage
- Secures special offers from retailers and encourage retailer participation in mall events
- Regular, predictable attendance
- Ability to work in stressful environment
- Ability to work peacefully with co-workers
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Strong organization skills, time, and project management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to work weekends/holidays as needed based on program and event schedule
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. work outside and stand/sit for long periods of time
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- 1–3 years’ experience in event planning and coordination
- 1-3 years’ experience in social media and email distribution.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Washington Prime Group offers:
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including health, dental, 401k with no vesting schedule, and paid time off
- On-going learning opportunities within a rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different WPG departments and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
Washington Prime Group is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and equality. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our associates bring to their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but also, our reputation and our company’s achievements.