About the team and position
We’re looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to join our Customer Acquisition(CA) team whose mission is to deliver engaging experiences for every consumer to purchase a used vehicle from Carvana.
We are looking for a talented engineer who is passionate about building front end scalable experiences for our customers. You will help design, build, maintain, and optimize source code for large web applications.
We are a fast-growing team that is focused on performance, scalability, and reliability to provide the best experience to our customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Participate end-to-end in the product life cycle: requirements gathering, solution design, development, testing, documentation, support and maintenance.
- Help define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to establish appropriate intent of our systems.
- Participate in peer discussions on architecture and the overall direction of Carvana platforms.
- Appropriately manage priorities, dependencies, scope, dates, and deliverables.
- Represent a long-term perspective on our technical landscape.
- Work in a team environment using Agile project approaches (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP).
- Learn and try new technologies, approaches, and participate in bringing software engineering in Carvana to the next level.
- Collaborate with, learn from and mentor team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- At least 5 years of software engineering, with consistently advancing skills and responsibilities.
- Experience with any contemporary UI framework or library, such as React, Angular, or VUE (React preferred).
- A solid understanding of HTML, and CSS.
- Experience in code quality practices: writing unit and integration tests, using test coverage, CI/CD, etc.
- Experience in building scalable solutions, supporting high load and availability, understanding caching.
- Experience in working with any cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, RedHat, etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Self-motivated; work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Good communication and collaboration skills - Carvana engineers work very closely with strong supporting teams and require great interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and sense of humor.
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience with at least one object-oriented language (C# preferred).
- Understanding of .NET Core
- Experience in working with data storages (SQL or NoSQL).
- Experience writing GraphQL interfaced services.
- Experience in container-oriented architecture using Docker and/or Kubernetes.
What does our growth have to do with you?
Only everything. Are you not sure you meet 100% of the qualifications? You should still give it a shot! Research shows that men will apply to a job when only meeting 60% of the requirements, whereas women and members of other systematically marginalized groups typically only apply when they meet every single requirement. At Carvana, we're builders. We build tools, business, and our people. We value diversity in backgrounds and thought, so take a shot and apply! Please highlight some of your accomplishments in your resume and cover letter so we can talk about how you can grow with us.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.