Summary of Major Functions:
Provide and maintain structure for Partial Hospitalization Program and Transitional Intensive Outpatient Program. Services include conducting psycho-educational groups, facilitating meals and meal processing, documentation, and encouraging a therapeutic milieu.
Must have a basic understanding of the therapeutic process that patients experience during program hours, understand confidentiality laws, and have a strong knowledge of professional ethics. Must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and be able to work with persons from all educational and cultural backgrounds. Must demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, independent thinking, enthusiasm, and non-judgmental attitude
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates knowledge of and practice of effective counseling skills.
2. Facilitates meals with patients in a fashion consistent with current policies and procedures. Models appropriate eating behaviors during assigned mealtimes with patients.
3. Contributes clinical information and observations about patients in weekly staffing.
4. Facilitates integration of new patients into the program by demonstrating knowledge of all aspects of the clinical program.
5. Demonstrates ability to build therapeutic rapport.
6. Facilitates groups with expertise, demonstrating ability to engage, set limits and monitor the group process.
7. Maintains group curriculum for psychoeducational groups according to EDCare clinical standards.
8. Is creative in therapeutic interventions to maintain a safe, supportive, clinically sound milieu.
9. Is present and available for patient requests and needs; provides outreach to patients when necessary.
10. Maintains daily program structure.
11. Timely completion and accuracy of clinical paperwork: progress notes, group notes etc.
12. Ensures completion of daily attendance sheet for billing purposes.
13. Takes responsibility for opening and/or closing the facility.
1. Master’s degree in behavioral health field or equivalent experience in an active doctoral program.
2. Minimum of six months experience working in therapeutic milieu.
3. Clinical conceptualization of the treatment of eating disorders and dual diagnoses.
1. Must be able to effectively maneuver within an office scheduling system.
2. Minimum of intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
3. Must be able to efficiently learn and effectively work within an electronic medical records system.
Physical Demands and Environment:
Physical demands of this job include but are NOT limited to:
Environmental conditions of this job include but are NOT limited to:
More about this position:
All the benefits you expect-PTO, Health, Vision, Dental, 401(k), HSA & FSA, Company Paid Life Insurance & Long Term Disability, Referral Program, Employee Discounts and Employee Assistance Program.
*The estimated compensation range displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your education level, specific skills, years of experience and comparison to other employees already in this role. The final salary could be higher or lower than the reflected salary range posted.