We are looking for a data engineer to help us build and scale our healthcare data pipelines - ETL Pipelines to harmonize healthcare data, analytics pipelines to add features to datasets for bulk analysis and configure & deploy both current (and future) data products.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Configure the 1up platform to deliver on our customer’s contractual obligations
- Work on our 1up software products to ETL data and perform FHIR validation
- Learn and deploy our new payer and provider solutions
- Collaborate with data engineering, API, implementation, and customer success teams to ensure deliverables are met according to the project plan
- Deploy and utilize tools created by our engineering and data teams
- Deploy automation where possible
We are looking for people who have:
- 2+ years of data engineering experience
- BS/MS Computer Science, Engineering, Bioinformatics, or a related field
- Experience building and maintaining scalable batch and streaming data pipelines.
- Node.js and/or Python, Proficient with Linux, Working JVM knowledge a plus (any or all of Java/Kotlin/Scala)
- Experience building and maintaining scalable batch and streaming data pipelines for terabyte scale data
- Experienced in database architecture, with professional experience using relational SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL), and NoSQL (MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Working knowledge and experience with AWS infrastructure including DynamoDB, Athena/Glue, Lambda, EC2.
- Bioinformatics experience is a major plus, in either the research or clinical space, as well as healthcare data experience in general - e.g. HL7, FHIR. LOINC, ICD10, SNOMED, CPT
- An adaptable mindset due to a rapidly changing environment
About 1upHealthAt 1upHealth, we are united by our shared goal - unlock healthcare data to improve patient and financial outcomes.
As a leader in FHIR® interoperability, our core belief is that unleashing the power that lies within health data can improve the way that we operate in our industry. We are on a mission to make it easier to access, aggregate, analyze and share healthcare data. Through our secure FHIR platform, we offer a solution to; break the barriers that hinder innovation and interoperability, meet compliance regulations and leverage the cloud for ubiquitous technology enablement.
Come join our mission-driven team, and be a part of the future of healthcare.
Benefits100% Paid Medical and Dental
Insurance for Employees
Home Office Stipend
Parental Leave (16 weeks for birthing parents, 3 weeks for non-birthing parents)
Company Meetings with Free Lunch
Interested in our work, but don't see an opening that fits your background? Apply here and let us know what you think we could do together.