The Role: Asset Management Specialist
This role reports to the Manager of Asset Management and is responsible for supporting the liquidation of non-performing loans with a focus on principal recovery and speed. This includes analyzing comparable sales data, comprehending construction scope, negotiating with borrowers and lenders, partnering with foreclosure counsel and employing creative solutions to effectively meet our organizational objectives.
- Analyze and proactively monitor borrower monthly interest payments, construction progress and loan maturity to identify and action non-performing loan (NPL) warning signs.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) with the ability to comprehend and implement work-out strategies such as loan modification, deed-in-lieu, foreclosure, forbearance, Note sale, short sale, etc.
- Engage with third party real estate brokers, foreclosure attorneys, and title companies for information gathering utilized towards developing effective workout solutions.
- Collaborate with Servicing Specialists to conduct portfolio reviews and examine overall portfolio health.
- Provide input into cross-functional projects, platform enhancements and report design.
- Identify and document common themes and lessons learned to be shared with Business Units to aid in future mitigation strategies.
- Provide timely and detailed communication to investors regarding NPL status loans.
- Develop and maintain expert business knowledge and customer relationships
We are looking for people with:
- Business degree, preferably in finance, economics or similar.
- 2+ years of experience in Loan Servicing or Loan Default Management.
- Strong problem-solving ability, data collection, analysis, and presentation experience.
- High degree of self-awareness with the ability to think critically, utilize decisive judgment in order to be perceptive and gain credibility.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and high customer service orientation.
- Ability to identify key issues and communicate through proper channels.
- Demonstrates ability to have high attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and comfort working in a highly creative, fast-paced environment required.
What we offer:
- Base Salary commensurate with experience.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Healthcare, dental, vision, and commuter benefits.
- Unrestricted vacation policy.
- Paid parental leave.
- Stock options and 401(k).
- Education reimbursement.