Finance Director/Office Manager
This twofold position serves a key role in supporting the Owner and the Sales/Marketing Staff in the overall operation of the business. It is a critical position, requiring the utmost accuracy, reliability, and confidentiality.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Represent the company, working with the CPA, Financial Institutions, Insurance Companies, Vendors, and staff in all aspects of finance and HR.
- Undertake full responsibility for accurate daily reconciliation with the inventory system, A/R, A/P, cash flow, and banking, bi-weekly payroll and corresponding records and taxes, and monthly financial statements and tax filings.
- Review financial status, A/R, and A/P with the owner daily or weekly, as needed.
- Prepare budget reports for monthly review with the owner.
- Maintain financial summaries on salaries, bonuses, and benefits for ongoing review with the owner.
- Take responsibility for tracking PTO for each staff member and meeting with them on a monthly or as-needed basis.
- Be responsible for updating and maintaining employment and freelance agreements, company policies, and guidelines.
- Draft Job Descriptions, manage interviews, and hiring of new employees.
- Assist with the maintenance of the professional service-oriented environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the skills listed below in addition to possessing the highest integrity and professionalism.
- B/A, B/S, or similar degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in accounting, including preparation of financial reports, daily banking and reconciliation, A/P, cash flow, budget reports, payroll, and tax filings
- Proficient with QuickBooks Online a must
- Experience working with a retail inventory system and the integration with QuickBooks Online
- Must possess impeccable interpersonal skills, able to interact with clients, vendors, service personnel, and staff
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient at Excel, Word, and basic computer software
- Strong attention to detail and experience prioritizing tasks and maintaining workloads
Full-time: M-F 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM, with seasonal hours during the holidays and occasional evening hours for special events