$1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Position Title: Behavioral Health Specialist - CFTSS Community-Based
Bachelor's - $17.50/hour
Master’s - $19.30/hour
**Offers above the base are dependent on relevant experience
Department within Gateway Longview: Behavioral Health Services
As an Behavioral Health Specialist with Gateway Longview, you will use your experience in social work and human services to provide supportive counseling and interventions in a community setting (home, school, etc) .
Communication, collaboration, and cultural sensitivity will be your keys to success.
As an Behavioral Health Specialist, you should expect to:
- Provide clients and their families with goal-directed community based services intended to address challenges
- Provide services within the context of the child and family environment
- Assist the child/family with identifying strengths, needs, resources, and natural supports to address functional deficits
- Become a valued part of a welcoming and supportive career atmosphere. Follow #GatewayGreat on social media for real-life ways our inspiring team is living our mission each day
Working to enrich children and families, an ideal Specialist will...
- Be an effective relationship builder and coach
- Be detail oriented with excellent time management skills
- Empower families to self-advocate
- Have experience engaging families with complex issues during times of crisis
- Be bilingual (A bonus! But, not required)
The Fine Print – if you are applying you MUST:
- Have a Master's Degree in Human Services with 1 year of experience or Bachelor's degree with 3 years experience providing supportive services to children and their families
- Have a valid NYS Driver’s License and your own vehicle with adequate insurance and registration
- Be flexible with your schedule – evening and weekend appointments are essential
- Have an unwavering ability to demonstrate Gateway Longview’s mission and core values effectively with clients, families, other staff, and community contacts from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds
Your generous benefits include:
- A sizable time off package, including 11 holidays and 28 days of personal time annually
- Up to a 90% contribution toward medical & dental health insurance
- Up to a 3.5% contribution to your Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition assistance and/or loan-forgiveness (a federal program)
- A robust Employee Wellness Program with perks for participants
Gateway Longview cares for nearly 5,000 children and families annually from across Western New York through Behavioral Health Services, Community-Based Services, Residential Treatment Services, and Special Education Services. As a not-for-profit agency, Gateway Longview is committed to working together to protect, to give hope, and to enrich the lives of every child and family served.
For a more in-depth description of this position, along with benefits offered by Gateway Longview, you can visit www.gateway-longview.org/careers or apply online at https://www.infinityhr.com/extranet/recruiting.aspx?id=80D60196-C5DB-4CA4-888D-DA5F1C9E9C4B&src=Indeed.com&rqid=87BB7320-580F-4B4D-8782-D4CB44072469.
An EEO/AA Agency