- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of the required hardware, web servers, custom developed web applications, software, and related cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Provides thought leadership to team responsible for the design, deployment, and availability of systems, networks, storage, and software.
- Ensures that hardware, Windows operating systems, web applications, application software, and related procedures adhere to organizational compliancy and operational requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs new, or rebuilds existing, servers and configures hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Web Server configuration, architecture, administration, and support.
- Deploys web application code manually or through automation to the different infrastructure environments.
- Maintains and support different web applications on different infrastructure environments.
- Keep documentation up to date including web application installation guides and troubleshooting articles.
- Troubleshooting as required, leading problem-solving efforts with outside vendors, other technical personnel and/or organizations.
- Project management functions including managing the installation of new systems and other special projects.
- Daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, web applications, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Security monitoring, vulnerability scanning, and penetration testing. Ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization.
- Researches and recommends innovative, and possible automated approaches for system administration tasks; and, tests new and emerging technologies focused on enhancing Cloud operations.
- Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Works with other departments’ teams, as requested, in recommending the required hardware and software topology for the right deployment architecture.
- Contributes to the development and completion of technical RFP’s.
- Performs on-call responsibilities and after-hours duties as necessary and/or directed by DSS Management.
- Manages the data center and computer host systems including hardware, software, web applications, and equipment such as temperature monitoring, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and fire protection systems.
- Operates and provides support for enterprise communication systems in-house and on cloud.
- Establishes, maintains, and manages service accounts. Installs, modifies, and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
- Operates and provides support for enterprise package distribution and corporate directory services.
- Provides support for custom developed web applications.
The preceding functions are examples of the work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and make a reasonable accommodation as needed.
- 5+ years of experience administering Windows Server 2012+
- 5+ years of experience administering IIS / Web Servers
- Possesses a comprehensive working knowledge of Linux operating system, especially process and system monitoring facilities.
- Has the ability to analyze and tune performance issues by leveraging various industry-standard monitoring and reporting tools
- Has verifiable experience with:
- AWS or Azure large-scale virtualized environments
- Domain controllers and Active Directory service.
- WAN and LAN configuration and troubleshooting skills
- Enterprise backup and recovery procedures
- System performance monitoring tools
- Cloud containers
- Fluency in at least one scripting language, shell scripting, and experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience developing automation tools and frameworks for performance measurement and analysis.
- Azure/AWS enterprise architecture and deployment
- Project management expertise
- Exhibits mature organization and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in running presentations to internal audiences
- Excellent technical documentation and communication skills with the ability to articulate clearly and concisely, technical information to non-technical staff, both orally and in writing; prepare clear, detailed instructions
- Bachelor's degree; consideration given to experience plus education
- Master’s degree, Computer Science or other relatable
- AWS Certified
- Azure Certified
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
Years of experience in a similar role:
- 5+ years of experience administering Windows Server
- 5+ years of experience administering IIS / Web Servers
- 2+ years of work experience in Azure or AWS
- Administrative experience in Linux (Redhat/Centos)
Standing 5% per day
Sitting 20% per day
Walking 5% per day
Stooping 5% per day
If traveling, ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted (luggage, laptop etc.)
Up to 30 lbs. unassisted, during datacenter maintenance
Computer Work 50% per day
Telephone Work 5% per day
Reading 10% per day
Other, please specify
60% + per day - Work environment includes typical computer related noise levels and paper and equipment generated dust.
60% + per day - Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a regular basis.
20% of the year - Incumbent is on call to provide support services during off hours.
20% of the year - Scheduled night and weekend work is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you need an accommodation seeking employment with DSS, Inc., please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (561) 284-7373. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.