Product Manager II
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation's largest professional Association of physicians and a non-profit organization. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America's physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
We continuously work to embed equity in our internal practices and are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff across all levels of the organization. We intentionally work to create the right conditions to enable our employees to feel that they can be their authentic selves and fully participate in the life of the enterprise.
We encourage and support professional development for our employees, and we are dedicated to social responsibility. We invite you to learn more about us and we look forward to getting to know you.
We have an opportunity at our corporate offices in Chicago for a Product Manager II on our Health Solutions team. As the Product Manager II you will responsible for launch and management of VeriCre, AMA’s newest Credentialing Products solutions. You will also design/launch new products to expand the product portfolio, and increase proposition for existing data and content products. Under moderate supervision, this individual will manage all aspects of the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. You will also plan and assess strategies for new and existing products.
Product Launch Strategy
- Develop new multi-year content strategies: define the strategy development process and plan, and facilitate discussions involving executive-level colleagues.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience and needs, identify, and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience, and drive growth.
- Evaluate and analyze potential strategic and development partners.
- Work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key features and benefits, and target customer.
- Develop business plans that incorporate financial, competitive and market analysis to maximize ROI.
- Provide critical insights on user needs, user experience, market goals and establish product timeline.
- Develop and regularly review and update product pricing strategy. Work with sales and operations to establish documented pricing policies for the designated product line.
Product Development Planning
- Incorporate market and client insights to develop and manage product roadmaps. Diligently communicate roadmap plans to internal stakeholders and incorporate their feedback into plans.
- Partner with IT, HS Datalabs, and external vendor(s) on the development of new platform, products, or product features.
- Establish timelines and hold development partners accountable for meeting them.
- Transform product strategy dialogue and decisions into detailed business and technical requirements.
Industry Analysis and Analytics
- Keep abreast of industry trends, regulations and customer needs and behaviors for the assigned product line.
- Commission third-party market research and analysis, as needed. Work with procurement to define needs and source market research and analysis work. Work could include customer research, market analysis and competitor analysis.
- Create and maintain a variety of reports including status reports, charts, graphs, analytics, presentations, etc. for the purpose of documenting and communicating product vision, achievements, and status of work in progress.
- Able to create and present high-quality product and thought leadership presentations for both internal and external audiences.
May include other responsibilities as assigned .
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
- A minimum of 7 years proven experience as a product, project, or program leader; related and relevant work experience; Experience in content management/data products highly desirable. Product management certification a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to drive long-term success of product line; must possess a strong blend of business and technical savvy and the organization and technical skills to lead product transformation initiatives. Experience launching new products, preferred.
- Experience in a product management role in a SaaS/Cloud environment highly desirable.
- Experience in health care provider data management including credentialing, directory, revenue cycle, and/or reimbursement highly desirable.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead and collaborate with teams. Demonstrated ability to guide technical projects, identify and mitigate risks.
- Experience and judgment to identify and evaluate potential suppliers/business partners.
- Excellent data synthesis skills to critically analyze and interpret market research and other data, glean insights from that research, and apply those insights to develop business cases and plans.
- Financial modeling understanding to direct the creation of complex models simulating market, financial, and operational performance associated with developing and rolling out new products and services.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting in a large group setting, with an ability to handle executive level discussions as well as technical deep dives.
- Some travel required.
The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION