EC Operations Manager
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation's largest professional Association of physicians and a non-profit organization. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America's physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
We continuously work to embed equity in our internal practices and are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff across all levels of the organization. We intentionally work to create the right conditions to enable our employees to feel that they can be their authentic selves and fully participate in the life of the enterprise.
We encourage and support professional development for our employees, and we are dedicated to social responsibility. We invite you to learn more about us and we look forward to getting to know you.
We have an opportunity at our corporate offices in Chicago for an EC Operations Manager on our Enterprise Communication team. As a EC Operations Manager you will manage the operations function in Enterprise communication, facilitate budgeting, oversees risk management and contract administration. You will also Manage planning, scheduling and tracking of Enterprise Communications projects, including ESR projects. The EC Operations Manager will plan and lead process improvement initiatives, technology evaluation and implementation, and other matters as assigned to advance the efficiency and effectiveness of EC.
- Manage ECs annual operating and capital budgets and financial performance and coordination of the budgets and forecast planning activities. Provide monthly reports, forecasting, and assesses data to highlight areas of opportunity and concern.
- Manage capital request and budget submission processes.
- Responsible for contract (CRT) workflows, collaborating with EC staff, vendors, and risk management team to mitigate risk and ensure compliance.
- Build Business Impact Analysis and Continuity Plan process and documents, collaborating with EC leadership to ensure accurate and updated disaster plans.
- Manage financial activities and contract administration including, master service agreements, statements of work, NDAs and other agreements. Manage and serve as subject matter expert for content, processes, and workflows ensuring alignment and compliance with legal, finance, EC team members and external parties. Manage and process POs, invoices and other forms of payment.
- Manage ESR and other potential projects simultaneously. Create and maintain project plan and timelines, report status, track and resolve issues by working closely with management to determine needs, and lead efforts to ensure business requirements (internally/externally) are being met.
- Deliver projects on time and within budget which meet quality standards.
- Support and drive key, highly visible projects across the organization, interfacing with internal BU leads as well as external partners.
- Provide leadership updates, administrative support, logistics, and other assistance for EC projects.
- Develop and implement new opportunities for process improvement across EC specifically associated with the business operations including but not limited to Board updates, financial reporting, and strategic goal tracking and reporting.\
- Collaborate closely with directors across Enterprise Communications, on current and future activity to drive efficiency and improved operational outcomes across the business unit
May include other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, marketing, business or related discipline required
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in business operations and project management required
- Proven project management skills required demonstrated by project scope, impact and ability to deliver projects on time
- Experience managing social responsibility projects highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of methodologies and best practices specific to project management discipline (and technical skills specifically (Workfront, MS Project, PowerPoint, etc.) and MS Excel skills (pivot tables, charts, and LOOKUP & Reference functions)
- Proven ability to identify where process improvement is needed, and to develop, record and implement solutions
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting required; prior knowledge of contract administration strongly preferred
- Able to facilitate a collaborative productive environment which includes collaboration with management, internal experts and external partners to build relationships and achieve consensus through a diplomatic and professional presence and demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with proven ability to build and manage relationships and tailor communication style to different audiences and various levels of stakeholder
- Proven ability to work under tight timeframes with excellent organization and prioritization skills
The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION