Position Title: Permanency Planner/Homefinder
Bachelor's - $17.20/hour
Master’s - $18.97/hour
**Offers above the base are dependent on relevant experience
Department within Gateway Longview: Community Services
As a Permanency Planner with Gateway Longview, you will use your experience in foster care system to work collaboratively with foster parents, biological families, and other community resources to ensure continuity of treatment planning.
Communication, collaboration, and cultural sensitivity will be your keys to success.
As a Permanency Planner, you will get to:
- Establish and maintain regular contact with all parties (Children, birth families, foster/adoptive families)
- Provide ongoing collaboration with referral sources and community providers
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all components of the case record
- Implement placement development and guide a treatment plan consistent with the permanency plan
- Become a valued part of a welcoming and supportive career atmosphere. Follow #IamGatewayLongview on social media for real-life ways our inspiring team is living our mission each day.
Working to enrich children and families, an ideal Permanency Planner will...
- Be an effective relationship builder and coach
- Be detail oriented with excellent time management skills
- Participate in organizations which provide access to an ongoing knowledge of current trends and needs
The Fine Print – if you are applying you MUST:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree with experience within Social Work, Health with a knowledge of the Foster Care system. Strongly prefer Master’s Degree.
- Have a valid NYS Driver’s License and your own vehicle with adequate insurance and registration
- Be flexible with your schedule – evening and weekend availability for attending Recruitment events and meeting with current and prospective resource families
- Have an unwavering ability to demonstrate Gateway Longview’s mission and core values effectively with clients, families, other staff and community contacts from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds
Your generous benefits may include:
- A sizable time off package, including 11 holidays and 28 days of personal time annually
- Up to a 90% contribution toward medical & dental health insurance
- Up to a 3.5% contribution to your Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition assistance and/or loan-forgiveness (a federal program)
- A robust Employee Wellness Program with perks for participants