Position Title: Mental Health Clinician - CFTSS Community Based
*Offers above the base are dependent on years of relevant experience
Department within Gateway Longview: Children and Family Treatment and Support Services
As a Mental Health Clinician with Gateway Longview, you will use your clinical experience to provide therapy, counseling, and crisis intervention in a community setting (home, school, etc).
Communication and collaboration will be your keys to success.
As a Mental Health Clinician, you will get to:
- Assist children and adults toward recovery and reduction of negative symptoms
- Provide individual, group, and family therapy at a school-based satellite location
- Assess each client's mental health strengths and needs
- Become a valued part of a welcoming and supportive career atmosphere. Follow #GatewayGreat on social media for real-life ways our inspiring team is living our mission each day.
Working to enrich children and families, an ideal Mental Health Clinician will...
- Be an effective relationship builder
- Be detail oriented with excellent time management skills
- Have the ability to work independently and be an enthusiastic team player
The Fine Print – if you are applying you MUST:
- Be a license-eligible or licensed professional (LMSW, LMSW-P, LMHC, LMHC-P, LMFT) with a Master’s Degree in human services or related field and minimum 2 years’ experience providing therapy to children
- Have a valid NYS Driver’s License and your own vehicle with adequate insurance and registration
- Have ability to communicate with a diverse caseload of clients from a variety of backgrounds
- Have ability to work around the schedule of your clients - evening appointments are essential.
- Have an unwavering ability to demonstrate Gateway Longview’s mission and core values effectively with clients, families, other staff and community contacts from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds
Your generous benefits include:
- A sizable time off package, including 11 holidays and 28 days of personal time annually
- Up to a 90% contribution toward medical & dental health insurance
- Up to a 3.5% contribution to your Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition assistance and/or loan-forgiveness (a federal program)
- A robust Employee Wellness Program with perks for participants