The Senior Customer Service Representative/Member Care Associate will be a part of the Member Care team, which constitutes the ACC “front line” in handling a high volume of wide ranging member, customer and staff contacts. These contacts involve establishing and updating critical records, providing wide-ranging product and service information, processing sales and registrations, and resolving problems. The team must be knowledgeable about constantly changing information on College products, services, events, and activities; seek cross- and up-selling opportunities among College offerings; be able to resolve problems and multiple demands from members and customers quickly and effectively.
The Member Care Associate is responsible for providing professional and technical support for programs, products and acc.org. This person is responsible for managing a high volume of telephone and email correspondence professionally and accurately; and ensuring detailed sales and service processing in a complex business system. He/she will be an integral part of the Member Services Department, providing exceptional service to ACC members, customers, and staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality and productive customer sales and service to members and customers.
- Process payments for members and customers; manage and reconcile batch processes and meet processing timelines.
- Maintain expert knowledge of ACC products, various marketing promotions, programs and activities; providing excellent customer service, identifying and resolving issues and effectively handling multiple transaction types.
- Manage the CME credit statement entry for doctors who review articles in JACC journals.
- Maintain a detailed FAQ List for use by Member Care and Data Integrity staff as a quick desk reference.
- Analyze daily transactions, corrects records, and adjusts errors.
- Responds to member/customers’ requests via telephone or email within established timeframe.
- Participate in training of new Member Care employees.
- Manage a high volume of incoming phone calls with professionalism and tact.
- Prepare a monthly activity report due the 25th of each month.
- Coordinate the preparation and shipment of material for live programs Navigate customers/members through acc.org as needed.
- Assist Team Leader with the research and adoption of new technology to improve service to members.
- Supports and partners with Data Integrity Team on managing member profile data updates, overall database maintenance efforts, and on various data management projects
- Collaborate with, and supports, other members of the Member Services team, and contributes to idea generation and execution for continual process improvements and enhancements.
- Responsible for adhering to ACC’s Organizational Accountabilities and the Member Services Core Accountabilities:
- Consistently demonstrate Member Services values in all business interactions and performance. Member Services has identified the following as department values:
- Recognize and appreciate members and volunteers.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with other staff, partners, and customers.
- Deliver personalized service.
- Assure honest, reliable, and accountable business relationships.
- Lead by example.
- Exhibit spirit of cooperation, showing adaptability and flexibility in work groups and with members. Support team goals, assists co-workers and shows appreciation for others.
- Consistently interact with others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Use all resources of office and position effectively. Make efficient use of the time and talent of others. Do not waste materials, supplies or time.
- Show independence and initiative. Demonstrate creativity in problem solving, contributing new ideas and solutions.
- All other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 2+ years related work in call center, membership or similar service unit.
- Proficient with MS Office applications including advanced Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Excellent English language oral, written and comprehension abilities.
- Demonstrates an ability to effectively work within a database, updating and tracking member information, and supporting data maintenance efforts
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to contribute new ideas to drive process improvements and customer service enhancements.
- Exhibit a strong track record of being reliable, dependable, and punctual and ability to work a set 9am to 5pm schedule in the office.
- Must have great attention to detail and proven ability to follow documented instructions.
- Proficient mathematically and in preparing statistical reports.
- Must be dependable with history of excellent time management.
- Must have polished, professional presentation and pleasant demeanor.
- Must be able to travel for approximately two events/year which entail four-to-five days including about 10-12 hours of sitting/standing per day.
At the American College of Cardiology, we bring our hearts to work.
We are a 500-person organization dedicated and committed to our mission to transform cardiovascular care and improve heart health for the past 70 years. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate culture that envisions a world where innovation and knowledge optimize cardiovascular care and outcomes.
Every day, we are committed to supporting our more than 52,000 members and their patients around the globe and in doing so, ensure our staff have a positive environment of teamwork, collaboration, professionalism and excellence. To learn more about why ACC has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in Healthcare please visit our site at: www.acc.org/jobs.
ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all candidates and employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. EOE/AA including Vets and Disabled.
ACC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact Crystal Nott, Director, Talent Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202)375-6423.