We are seeking a full-time Senior Environmental Scientist with at least 5 years’ experience.
We are looking for a qualified, and knowledgeable professional who seeks a fast-paced and
challenging work environment, an opportunity to grow, and a desire for autonomy. This
position will be located in our Oklahoma City office; one day per week you would report
to our home office in Enid. If advancement in your firm is based on seniority and not
what you can offer – consider joining a successful and growing firm where your progression is based more on your accomplishments, your hunger, and your desire to succeed. We are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. We are looking to hear from dedicated and hard-working individuals to join our team. Our pace is fast and the work is challenging, but the opportunities are here for long term employment and growth, both professionally and personally. This position applies scientific theory and methods to identify, research, and resolve environmental issues in the areas of regulatory compliance, public health, environmental health, and pollution prevention. The selected candidate will become part of a team that provides a broad array of environmental services, including Phase I, II, and III ESAs, SPCC Plans, UST and AST investigations, soil and groundwater assessments, Tier 1/1-A and 2 risk assessments, and SARA Tier III filings. This person will develop remediation plans, prepare technical reports, manage projects, and oversee subsurface investigations and field investigations. This position requires subject matter knowledge and breadth/depth of experience to assess environmental risk and determine the appropriate course of action, and assist clients in maintaining compliance with air quality, wastewater, solid and hazardous waste, oil handling, and stormwater permits and issues. Project work and responsibilities will include work for commercial, residential, agricultural, energy, and government clients, and ensuring permitting and regulatory compliance for a multitude of state and federal programs. You will actively support Envirotech’s commitment to safety and its Core Values. The primary skills necessary include:
• Communicating, verbally and in writing, scientific and technical terminology into terms
understandable to the general public
• Locate, research, interpret, and apply environmental laws and regulations
• Must have a working knowledge of federal environmental policies, executive orders, and
• Must possess knowledge of groundwater and soil sampling, environmental site assessments,
environmental drilling, and hydrogeologic processes
• Must have strong project management skills and personnel management experience
• Must have experience managing and implementing federal environmental programs, policies,
and standard operating procedures
• Maintain key client relationships for projects assigned
• Be able to work both in the office and the field on projects as needed
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Adept at working collaboratively to build strong working relationships with our clients and staff
• Able to be flexible and adapt to an ever-changing work environment
• Able to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Possess a strong sense of urgency and be capable of prioritizing tasks, meeting deadlines, and coordinating with clients/fellow team members. So, before applying with us, ensure that you can answer ‘YES’ to all of these questions:
• Are you known for being remarkably reliable and having great attendance?
• Do you have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or a related field?
• Will your references say you are consistently pleasant, a true team-player, and able to communicate well with all types of people?
• Are you detail-oriented, able to document necessary data neatly and legibly, and able to consistently meet deadlines for getting reports in on time?
• Are you open to traveling, in a company truck, in Oklahoma and other states for approximately 10% of the year?
• Are you available for overtime?
• Can you pass a criminal background check?
• Do you have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record?
• Do you have familiarity with field equipment for field investigations and assessments?
• Are you willing to submit to a drug test before hiring and randomly during your employment?
• Do you have a strong work ethic and a ‘can-do’ attitude?
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals, and challenges.
If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion about you joining our team.
(Confidential interviews available for those currently employed)
Envirotech strives to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
Our guiding philosophy – to turn our client’s ideas into realities through
innovation, teamwork, and a client-focused approach – remains constant. For more information please visit our website at www.envirotechconsulting.com
More reasons to join our team:
• A working environment full of dedicated coworkers, and a team of organizational leaders focused on ensuring you have the tools necessary to succeed!
• Envirotech is EEOC compliant and certainly encourages America’s military veterans to apply.
• Opportunities for advancement and development.
• Family owned business and atmosphere
• Variety of interesting assignments, projects, and work locations
• Envirotech makes an investment in your development and training. You may receive company-paid training to receive certifications in relevant areas.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 to $85,000, dependent upon experience and certifications.
Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER is preferred.
Knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred.
Please state if you have relevant certifications, training, or licenses.
You must provide proof upon request by Human Resources.