Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct psychiatric evaluations of mental health center clients as referred.
- Provide medication management and education services consistent with the needs of the client.
- Meet and comply with all administrative and clinical documentation requirements.
- Meet personal and departmental direct service expectations and goals.
- Utilize staff psychiatrists for supervision and case consultation as necessary.
- Provide case consultation to the agency’s clinical staff as necessary.
- Facilitate and evaluate for admission to inpatient mental health or substance use treatment as required.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as required.
- Participate in the Quality, Risk and Utilization Review process (including peer review) as assigned by the Medical Director and/or the Assistant Director.
- Maintain educational requirements regarding current best practices, medications, and treatments available.
- Collaborate with administrative/support staff to insure efficiency in scheduling client appointments, follow up, consultations, phone calls and paperwork time.
- Collaborate with nursing staff to insure effective follow up, monitoring and education regarding medication and symptoms of mental illness with clients and family members.
Other Job Functions:
- Maintain and advance knowledge and skills related to field of work through regular review of pertinent materials and attendance at training events.
- Adhere to the standards, policies and instructions established by PMHS Policy and Procedure and any applicable ethical codes within field of employment.
- Review and comply with the Pawnee Code of Conduct outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management personnel.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be licensed in good standing to practice as an APRN in Kansas. Graduation from a Psychiatric/Mental Health Specialist program and experience in a community mental health setting with clients of all ages strongly preferred. ANCC certification is preferred.
Strong oral and written communication skills using the English language.
Basic personal computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Office software preferred.
Results of criminal and all other applicable background checks must meet the approval of Pawnee Mental Health Services.
Please click of the following link which will direct you to our Careers Portal. Locate the job listing to apply.