The Employer Relations Associate is responsible for cultivating relationships and identifying career opportunities for K-State students and graduates with corporate, nonprofit, and governmental sector organizations. Develop marketing strategies to promote K-State talent, Career Center events, and services.
Customer Care (35%): Support recruitment activities and provide customer service to employers.
- Develop relationships with employers that facilitate the recruitment of K-State students and graduates.
- Respond to employer inquiries about services, best practices, and engagement opportunities.
- Maintain current contact information in the career services management system.
- Provide input about data management of employer records.
- Record notes and provides reports related to employer and recruitment activity.
- Assist with career fairs, interview hosting, and other recruitment activities.
Event Management (25%): Coordinate student-employer engagement opportunities and recruiting-related events.
- Manage the Student Employee of the Year award process, reception, and promotional activities.
- Coordinate employer relations for center-wide Career Meet-ups.
- Manage logistics, communications, and implementation of brand recognition events for employers.
- Promote, host, and coordinate employer information sessions both in-person and online.
- Consult with employers on interview plans.
- Support special events and projects as requested.
Employer Outreach (20%): Prospect and develop relationships with employers.
- Engage in one-on-one contact with prospective employers through personal visits, telephone, direct mail correspondence, and electronic communications.
- Employ various strategies to generate new employer contacts including collaboration with the K-State Alumni Association and KSU Foundation, use of prospect databases, and other available resources.
- Promote the development of meaningful and mutually beneficial student internships.
- Produce monthly and special reports to track contacts, evaluate goals, and develop follow-up plans.
- Connect with campus and local employers to develop employment opportunities.
- Facilitate and manage employer visits to campus as needed.
Marketing (15%): Facilitate the marketing of K-State and career services to potential and existing employers.
- Develop marketing strategies to promote K-State talent, Career Center events, and services.
- Coordinate employer outreach for center-wide career fairs and meet-ups.
- In consultation with Assistant Directors, coordinate employer visits, departmental connections, marketing materials, and relationship-building processes and strategies.
- Represent K-State and the Career Center at events sponsored by business organizations, professional associations, and chambers of commerce.
Additional Responsibilities (5%):
- Support designated center-wide initiatives.
- Participate in staff meetings, team projects, and other planning activities.
- Participate in planning and goal-setting to meet performance expectations and metrics.
The Employer Relations Associate will provide additional services as assigned by the Director.
Why Join Us:
The Career Center facilitates the career readiness of all students throughout the K-State community. The Career Center offers an extensive career library, free assessments for exploring majors/careers, job search training, career advising, employer connections, and a staff dedicated to assisting students in the career development process.
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To learn more visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High school diploma and two years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience college recruiting, career services, human resources, marketing, customer relations, or related field
- Proficient with customer relationship management (CRM) or career services management (CSM) software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, PowerBI)
- Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal, public speaking and written communication skills
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion for the delivery of all programs and services
- Exhibit a dynamic, motivated and team-oriented work style
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment that demands multi-tasking
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
- Some regional travel and irregular hours are required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents along with the K-State application through the online application process,
- Letter of interest (documents may be addressed to Kerri Keller, Executive Director)
- Names, emails and phone numbers of three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately. For best consideration, apply by April 19, 2021.
$16.67-$21.25 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.