This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Credit, Collections, Accounts Receivable professional looking to make an impact in an organization. The scope of this position encompasses assisting the Credit Manager in the investigation and analysis of credit information, approving or disapproving extension of credit, setting credit limits and terms, and maintaining customer accounts in current status. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Prepares ad hoc reports on the status of credit and collections. Actively engaged in the collection of customer's accounts receivable balances to include direct customer contact, identification and resolution of customer disputes or deductions, escalation of problems or issues to the Credit Manager and maintains the integrity of the AR Sub Ledger. This position is out of our Manhattan, KS location.
Reporting directly to the Credit Manager, this role is responsible for:
- Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit
- Recommends credit line adjustments by evaluating customer records, purchase activity and payment history.
- Confer with credit association and other business representatives to exchange credit information.
- Develops credit histories by compiling financial information and historical transactions.
- Minimize bad debt risk and maximize accounts receivable collections
- Responsible for collection activities of the assigned accounts, including but not limited to ensuring consistent, timely follow up, as well as, and adherence to the standards of responsible collection practices
- Make collection calls/emails and follow up to customers within a "customer focused" framework; leading to the resolution of payment issues, by proactive Identification and resolution methods. Document follow up emails, copies, etc in ERP system.
- Generate financial ratios such as DSO and explain changes vs. prior year and plan
- Investigate customer deductions and past due balances, make internal and external customer contact as necessary to work to resolution
- Monitor entire AR balance; current and past due, to include necessary delivery of invoice copies, statements or any other documentation required by the customer to authorize payment.
- Actively engage customer to deduct credit memos in a timely manner.
- Administer necessary customer account maintenance and customer's account reconciliations.
- Review and enter credit/debit memos into ERP system
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Resolution of Customer Email and Phone inquiries expected within a 24 hour turn-around.
- Other duties as may be assigned
What you'll need to be successful...
- 5+ years in Credit, Collections, Accounts Receivable
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or similar field
- Language Skills- Proficient language skills to effectively communicate, both oral and written, to quickly resolve problems and issues. Role requires professional, front-line communication with the external customer.
- Mathematical skills- Proficiency in intermediate math; understanding of general accounting procedures; attention to detail.
- Reasoning ability- Must possess ability to determine necessary research and conclusions for given situations. Logical and investigative reasoning necessary.
- Computer Skills- Proficiency to navigate within a ERP system for data entry and necessary research. Intermediate to advance knowledge of Word and Excel; ability to manage large volume of data entry and accurate 10-key skills.
Who we are...
Gibraltar Industries is a leading manufacturer and distributor of products for building markets. Gibraltar serves a large number of customers in a variety of industries in all 50 states and throughout the world from facilities in the United States, Canada, Japan and China. For more information, visit our website at: http://www.gibraltar1.com.
Located in Manhattan, Kansas, Florence Corporation is part of Gibraltar's MVP Division. Florence is the nations leading manufacturer in quality mailboxes, storage solutions and service. From conceptualization to installation to maintenance, we are partners with our clients every step of the way. We are committed to providing the most robust and convenient products tailored to our clients needs.
Gibraltar offers you...
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits
- The chance to work with some of the best colleagues in a great office environment
- The chance to be a part of an organization that is growing and changing the industry
EEOC Florence Corporation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. At Florence we celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, products, and our customers.