CivicPlus is an informal, social workplace where enthusiasm and talent are rewarded. We are looking for an experienced professional with a background in complex sales and building relationships. This is a fun, high-energy position that is at the forefront of CivicPlus’ success!
CivicPlus is THE integrated technology platform for local government, working with over 4,000 local governments including municipalities, counties, and municipal departments. Inc. Magazine has selected CivicPlus as “One of the Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies in the U.S.” since 2011.
Due to all our recent product suite additions and more anticipated growth in the future, we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
We offer you....
The chance to work with some of the best colleagues and most creative minds in the world
Competitive pay and benefits
The ability to leave a legacy used by millions of American and Canadian citizens
The potential to work in an environment that is dedicated to teamwork, collaboration, and innovation.
Account Executives will sell specific product services to city and county governments within their region. Using excellent relationship-management skills, Account Executives build interest in our software and services through a variety of prospecting activities, including introductory meetings, educational and consultative sessions and interactive demonstrations (which may take place remotely or on-site). Account Executives – as trusted advisors – guide customers through their buying cycle, ensuring that buyers are well-versed in and fully comfortable with our software, services, implementation process and project development requirements. In managing and closing business, Account Executives negotiate contract terms, prepare customers to begin the implementation process and work hand-in-hand with sales support staff through formalized procurement processes.
What we will expect you to do...
• Sell web-based software solutions to local governments within the assigned territory
• Meeting or exceeding assigned territory goals
• Forecasting business within the territory in a timely and accurate manner
• Work directly with lead-generation, technical and support staff to manage the totality of the buying cycle
• Qualification of potential opportunities
• Generate new opportunities through a variety of prospecting activities
• Maintain excellent documentation; attention to detail in reporting is essential
• Aggressively close new business through short- to mid-length sales cycles
• Develop consultative and “trusted advisor” status among local governments within the assigned territory
• Able to travel frequently and efficiently across a large geographic territory, with little down-time between periods of travel
• Able to lift at least 50 pounds of weight (non-typical but necessary for tradeshow setup)
What you will likely need to succeed...
• Bachelor’s degree in fields relating to business, marketing or social sciences or comparable experience
• Strong persuasive, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment
• Experience in highly competitive markets preferred
• A proven track record of selling software application deals in similar markets preferred
CivicPlus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. At CivicPlus, we celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, products, clients and communities we serve.
Upon receiving an offer of employment, candidates must complete required pre-employment screenings, which include a drug test and background screen. Offer of employment is contingent upon this post offer screening process. All testing will be conducted by a licensed independent administrator, which will follow testing standards and background screens in accordance with state law.