Jasco is looking for an Associate Sales Manager that is an integral member of the organization with a focus on new business development within new and existing customers. The ASM is responsible for all aspects of Sales operations including successful planning, coordinating and execution of customer opportunities and new business launches. Provides world class customer service to internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate must have excellent problem-solving skills, capable of managing multiple priorities and projects with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and work independently, with the ability to think outside of the box. Excellent opportunity for candidates with an interest in learning Jasco’s sales process and growing into a Sales role.
Sales Project Planning and Support
- Actively participate in strategic product development meetings with Director of Sales.
- Develop and maintain detailed project schedules for sales opportunities and new customer product launches.
- React to new customer opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Set deadlines, assign tasks and ensure accountability to project deliverables.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings with team members from multiple departments. Document and distribute meeting notes identifying objectives, deliverables and deadlines.
- Coordinate activities and resources for projects that impact multiple departments for multiple projects. Escalate issues and request additional resources as needed.
- May direct work of Project Coordinators/Specialists to meet VP priority.
- Work with multiple departments to compile and distribute project data; including competitive comparisons and seasonality charts.
- Communicate project objectives and changes clearly and concisely to team members.
- Relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people and teams.
- Acquire and document required internal project approvals.
- Prioritize multiple urgent projects on day to day basis.
- Consistently communicate project updates.
- Works with Marketing and Product Management to make recommendations on product packaging and ensure accuracy on all mock-ups and marketing materials.
- Attends GPA calls with Pricing Team to understand pricing strategies.
Customer Documentation and Communication
- Lead the execution of submitting quotes, Item agreements, required customer documents and bids thru customer’s process meeting all customers established guidelines.
- Communicates directly with Customer Buying, Merchandising and Logistics Teams.
- Prepare necessary documents using intermediate to advanced excel level operations.
- Enter confidential and proprietary data into 3rd party and retailer systems with highest degree of accuracy.
- Maintain customer pricing, program terms and other customer documents for internal reference.
- Compile and distribute all materials, literature and product needed by Sales.
- Leads internal team for new customer on-boarding and set-up by submitting and tracking credit applications, coordinating with IT on EDI requirements and testing, submitting or acquiring required Jasco documents (such as UPP policy documentation and customer on-boarding packet)
- Leads internal team for new item set-up by creating and distributing order confirmations, tracking new item launches and coordinating roll-out calls.
- Ownership of dot com item set up including working with Product Management, Director of Sales and customer teams to identify new products and drive setup on dot com with Digital Marketing.
- Analyze online sales to ensure each customer has an appropriate assortment of JASCO offerings.
Assists Sales Team and Sales Vice President
- Provides direct assistance to Sales VP on an as-needed basis for all accounts within the Sales Territory.
- Assists with new Sales Manager on-boarding, training and navigation of internal processes.
- Provides continuous support for Sales Team requests and questions and follow up to resolve open issues.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Assists Sales Services Manager
- Assists with new Sales Services Team Member On-Boarding and training. Creates and maintains training documents. Recommends training as appropriate.
- Provides support on special projects for Sales Services Manager.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Action Oriented; Being Resilient; Communicates Effectively; Ensures Accountability; Interpersonal Savvy; Nimble Learning; Resourcefulness
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or a minimum of three years of previous experience performing administrative, sales or project management duties in a related field.
- Minimum of two years PC experience in Microsoft Office Software is required with an intermediate to advanced skill level on Excel software.
- Knowledge of general office systems and administrative procedures.
- Skills in typing, letter writing and formatting, proofing, Microsoft Office, filing, AS400 terminal and 10 key operation.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and be detail oriented.
- Ability to secure and deploy resources effectively and efficiently to get things done.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and work several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Must be action oriented; Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Prior sales support and/or project management experience required.
- Ability to utilize creative approach to problem solving.
Jasco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/E-Verify Employer