Orthopedic Medical Assistant
This is a full time permanent position
We are a high-volume orthopedic clinic centrally located in San Diego, looking for a motivated, patient-oriented Medical Assistant to join our patient care team. This position will support one of our Orthopedic Doctor / Surgeons and his patients.
Orthopedic Medical Assistant Responsibilities
- Room patients, obtain patient history, provide patient with instructions to prepare for exam/X-rays
- Ensure and facilitate patient flow
- Take necessary measurements (grip strength, leg strength)
- Assist physician in exams and procedures
- Draw injections
- Assist physician in the reduction of fractures
- Schedule patients for offsite tests, lab work, scans, consultation appointments etc.
- Manage medical supply stocking and inventory
- Document patient care, response to care, and telephone contact
- Record and document prescription refill telephone requests
- Always comply with departmental policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as requested by Physicians, Administrator, or Medical Assistant Lead.
Orthopedic Medical Assistant Qualifications
- Medical Assistant certificate or related internships, volunteer or work experience
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology
- Two years clinical experience in an out-patient setting
- CPR certified
- Knowledge of medications and medical supplies/equipment
- Familiar with coding and worker’s compensation helpful
- Knowledge in wound healing and complications preferred
- Knowledge in fracture healing and complications preferred
- Knowledge of the principles of aseptic techniques
- Application and use of orthopedic equipment and supplies preferred
The pay rate is $18.00 – 19.00 hr. based on experience.
benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and 401K savings plan.
We pay for your parking. We also provide you with scrubs.
Job Type: Full-time Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm schedule