Job Position: Developing Sales & Business Development Associate
Employment Category: Part Time, Non-Exempt Employee
Employee works 15-25 hours per week: Monday through Friday 8 am-5 pm;
Employee’s schedule may be changed by Employer from time to time.
Reports to: Director of Sales
Purpose of this Position:
The Developing Sales & Business Development Associate will work closely with the Sales team to identify new leads from various lead generation sources. This intern will maintain the company’s CRM account and use it to contact new prospects and identify opportunities for the sales team.
- Assist in lead generation using specific and measurable activities such as calls, emails, meetings, and attendance at networking events.
- Assist with outbound campaigns to generate qualified meetings and opportunities.
- Connect with and quickly develop relationships with prospective leads.
- Qualify incoming leads, set up meetings, send out pre-meeting documents, send follow-up emails, help manage proposals, and perform data entry into Salesforce.
- Perform target account research and gain an understanding of business needs.
- Partner with key members of sales, marketing and management to develop target lists, contact strategies and messaging to ensure success.
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain activity and prospect information in CRM, including comprehensive and up-to-date client information, interaction and next steps.
- Learn and maintain comprehension of company products and services.
- Provide feedback to continually improve the sales process and implement new ideas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Technical degree
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms), Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Some sales experience is preferred but not required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Possess an upbeat and positive attitude
- High degree of flexibility with the ability to work in a small, fast-paced environment
- Thorough and detail-oriented, organized, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and evaluate current and new tools
- Self-starter who can work independently with a proactive attitude
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers and staff through verbal and written communications.
- Ability to type, hand write, use computers and answer phones daily.