GROUND STUDIO is an award-winning landscape architecture studio with offices in Monterey, Napa and Santa Barbara. Our work celebrates the uniqueness and diversity of each client and place, maintaining a consistent focus on design excellence, thorough project management, and superior service. Our process is rooted in collaboration, and team members are involved throughout the project duration, from design conception to details, demanding dedicated engagement in the entire process. Visit www.groundstudio.com for an overview of our work.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant to join our Central Coast office in beautiful Monterey. We are looking for an ambitious, hard worker who can multi-task and be detail-oriented while maintaining a high level of efficiency and professionalism. This is a part-time position with compensation commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, insurance; medical, dental, vision, and term life, plus participation in a retirement (401k) plan and bonus program.
- Assisting with department needs for the Administrative & Executive teams
- Studio Administration - filing, copying, ordering office supplies, e-mailing, keeping the company calendar, shipping & receiving, creating and or modifying documents in Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe, Google Docs, etc.
- IT Coordination - assisting with maintaining working condition of all office computers and printers, software license and computer leasing administration, new and separated employee account creation/termination (G-Suite email + calendar sharing, Asana, RingCentral, Get My Time, Egnyte, Dropbox, iCloud Contacts, etc.) and equipment inventory coordination, all with the guidance of the Information Technology Liaison.
- HR Administration - assisting with job posting administration on numerous websites, applicant correspondence/recordkeeping/follow-up, SignRequest processing, new hire on-boarding coordination, hiring documentation and tech set-up facilitation, benefits enrollment and administration (medical, dental, vision, life, 401K), and record keeping (updating Calendars, Phone Lists, Contacts), all with the guidance of the Human Resources Manager.
- Financial Administration - carrying out QuickBooks data entry (deposits, memorized transactions, print logs, adding new projects and employees, etc.), monthly credit card and bank reconciliation, payroll processing, 401K reporting, monthly billable report processing, Job Tracking updates, intermittent project specific reports, Job Notes for Billing, Partners’ project hours captured/logged in timekeeping software.
- Management Team Administrative Support - tending to catering and purchasing needs, scheduling autoresponders, travel, studio events, parties, and various weekly & monthly meetings, taking notes and maintaining agendas for monthly and weekly meeting, providing NINETY software administrative support, creating and updating internal forms as needed.
- Maintaining Studio Space - assisting with organizing and monitoring the general maintenance and security of the office facilities and equipment, coordinating repairs, cleaning, landscaping, pest control, lease renewals, etc..
- Above average skills in communications, attitude, professionalism, work ethic and strong customer service orientation with a winning mentality
- Bookkeeping experience
- Working knowledge of Google Docs and Forms
- Advanced knowledge of the Mac OS platform and understanding of setting up computers and troubleshooting problems as they arise
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Highly detail oriented, able to work diligently and independently
- Professional and friendly demeanor when handling sensitive business calls
- Ability to deliver excellent customer care, externally and internally, in a professional manner
- Effective team player that completes individual tasks on time, closes communication loops and asks clarifying questions to assure mutual understanding
- Excellent in-person, phone, email and written communication skills for team members and clients
- Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
- No phone calls, please.