The Brand Manager, Premium Wines is responsible for the development and execution of the annual and long-term strategic marketing plan for a key priority brand(s) within The Wine Group portfolio. This person will thrive in a culture that is creative, brand-savvy, fast-paced, solutions-focused, zealously cost-conscious, collaborative, and relentlessly entrepreneurial. This person will possess a strong grounding in CPG Marketing best practices, and successful results track record building alcoholic beverage and/or CPG brands. The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of best-in-class skill, competence and confidence as a consumer marketer coupled with the ability to define opportunities and roll-up their sleeves to accomplish goals in a lean, quick-paced environment.
This key role within The Wine Group’s marketing department is responsible for developing and executing the strategy and related tactics for a key priority brand(s) based on business insights. The brand manager will play a critical role in developing strategic business plans while leading their team to execute marketing programs and brand innovation.
The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of best-in-class skill, competence and confidence as a
- creative innovator with the ability to manage new product development/commercialization
- brand marketer accountable for brand health and performance
- confident and effective liaison with the Sales team to help promote the brand to distributors and key accounts
- strong team leader with the ability to partner cross-functionally
- Skilled Consumer Marketer: Mastery in developing, implementing and assessing consumer-facing platforms to deliver and optimize business-building initiatives. Leverages equities inherent in existing products and key consumer insights for ongoing marketing plan modifications, package changes and line extensions. Confident briefing and leading consumer agencies to develop and execute brand building platforms.
- Results-Driven Business Manager: Excels using a variety of data sources to analyze business situations to identify and evaluate key business drivers, challenges and opportunities. Strong in clearly and confidently communicating strategic business recommendations to senior/c-level management.
- Innovative Thinker and Demand Creator: Skilled innovator who thrives operating in a non-traditional, fast-paced environment. Someone who is strong in assessing industry opportunities and developing creative concepts to fit these opportunities. Has experience with consumer insights, category analytics, product development, and packaging design.
- Entrepreneurial Track Record and Competitive Drive: Proven success in an entrepreneurial environment, including an appreciation for an environment of resource limitations, cost control, prudent risk taking and limitless creativity. Ability to manage ambiguity and multiple priorities at once.
- Efficient Project Leader: Effective in managing teams and guiding projects through the system. Conveys a sense of urgency throughout project lifecycle and holds team accountable for execution. Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to listen and understand different perspectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred
- 3+ years Brand Management experience from an “academy” CPG company (alcohol beverage experience preferred) with additional professional experience
- Proven experience developing and managing a successful brand
- Excellent analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to execute
- Retailer selling experience a big plus
- Enjoy working collaboratively on a winning team
- Position operates in a professional office environment
- Ability to travel frequently between home office, corporate office and vendor/agency sites
- Position includes travel to various industry and/or company events, 10-20% of the time
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.