The Workers’ Compensation (WC) Case Specialist is a dedicated resource who will be responsible for understanding a wide variety of safety practices and serve as The Wine Group’s in-house subject matter expert on all workers’ compensation matters.
- Manage the organization’s workers’ compensation administration program.
- Ensure the timely submittal of workers compensation claims to the designated third-party administrator.
- Collaborate closely with The Wine Group’s Leaves of Absence Specialist to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local leave and disability laws, including consulting with the manager and employee as needed.
- Work with The Wine Group’s Environmental, Health, Safety and Security (“EHSS”) department to maintain and update a predictive modeling platform and risk assessment matrices using historical injury and near miss data to identify high risk activities/areas/departments and develop countermeasures to minimize recurrence.
- Manages The Wine Group’s workers compensation third party administrator to expedite utilization review (UR) authorizations and treatment of injured employees.
- Work closely with business partners to develop a Return to Work (RTW) program to minimize lost work hours.
- Assist in the development, rollout, administration and improvement of TWG’s Return to Work (RTW) program.
- Participate in accident investigations as needed for near misses and injuries to ensure proper documentation is collected.
- Provide employees and supervisors with timely and accurate information and assistance regarding workers' compensation.
- Maintain personal contact with all injured employees to ensure proper communication and a timely return to work.
- Coordinate with The Wine Group’s Leaves of Absence Specialist to ensure proper codes are entered on timesheets by the LOA Specialist to accurately track and record any continuation of pay and modified-duty hours.
- Contact medical providers for updates on employees’ work status and maintain information and records as necessary.
- Support the EHSS department in developing written policies to properly communicate the organization’s expectations.
- Assist in maintaining OSHA injury and illness logs (300 and 300A) to ensure compliance.
- Performs other duties as needed and required.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Expert in Workers’ Compensation Administration
- Knowledge in Federal and State LOA laws
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience with process improvement and innovating WC related programs
- Strong facilitation skills
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player mentality
- Lead by example and model TWG’s safety culture and policies
- Primary work activities are within an office environment
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this position
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.