Trade and Hospitality Event Coordinator

  • The Wine Group
  • Ripon, CA, USA
  • Apr 20, 2021
Full time Admin-Clerical Customer Service Hospitality-Hotel Manufacturing Sales

Job Description

JOB SUMMARY
Reporting to the Hospitality and Events Manager, this position ensures Hospitality and Sales related events and activities are planned and executed while impeccably promoting the message and imagery of both wineries to all customers and guests. This professional and personable position also works closely with our distributors, sales representatives and other members of the wine industry. The Trade and Hospitality Event Coordinator is responsible for (a) coordination of Trade and VIP visits; (b) maintaining the Hospitality calendar; (c) and providing administrative support for the Hospitality and Sales departments. The ideal candidate will have event coordination type experience as well as administrative experience. 


ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS

  • Coordinates Trade and VIP visitors to Benziger and Imagery properties, and assists with event details and staff assignments as per the demands of the schedule with both Hospitality and The Wine Group Sales Teams
  • Maintains and coordinates the master Hospitality Calendar. Provides confirmation notification to all visitors and distributes and communicates the calendar to all related departments
  • Provides administrative support for the Management team, Hospitality Department, and The Wine Group Sales Team
  • Schedules and sends confirmations and/or updates for VIP lunch and dinner requests, VIP Tours and Tasting requests for Trade and VIP guests
  • Support The Wine Group Sales Team by assisting with customer account and distributor inquiries 
  • Ensures all visitor and event information is accurately entered and maintained in the calendar system
  • Responsible for the coordination and execution of company meetings and events
  • Generates and distributes the Hospitality Calendar to all relative Departments
  • Produces monthly reports for internal billing purposes
  • Orders, coordinates and oversees the setup of Employee and Manager lunches, as requested
  • Coordinates staffing for offsite pourings and events


QUALIFICATIONS

  • College degree preferred; administrative experience of 3-5 years
  • Must be 21 years of age at time of hire
  • Highly proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Calendar program
  • Highly detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
  • Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
  • Understanding of superior guest service and hospitality
  • Must be able to multitask efficiently and remain flexible while working in a fast-paced environment 
  • Passion for fine wines and sustainable environmental practices
  • Service Experience preferred and/or willingness to train on wine service
  • Demonstrates initiative, responsibility, enthusiasm, and patience
  • Creative problem solver
  • Ability to work with under minimum supervision and as a member of a team
  • Work environment for this position is at a typical workstation working on a computer and on the telephone (60%). The remaining 40% of the workday will be spent walking around the winery to meet with other departments, setting up for VIP guests and overseeing events/meetings
  • The regular work schedule for this position is Sunday-Thursday from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, with flexibility to work alternative hours and days of the week when required
  • Occasional weekend and evening work is required for special events


PHYSICAL DEMANDS

  • Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing and twisting
  • Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds and be qualified to drive a company vehicle
  • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both indoors and outdoors



At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.