The Key Accounts Manager (KAM) is responsible for maximizing Murata market share and revenue in our target markets by identifying and capturing high-potential opportunities. The KAM takes ownership of the customer relationship and collaborates with all stakeholders using Murata’s long-standing Voice-of-Customer philosophy as a guideline.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Contacts and visits customers to review and identify strategic direction, improvement areas, and opportunities to promote Murata solutions.
- Stays updated and relevant on customer’s activity and direction.
- Oversees the collection, understanding, and internal communication of pertinent information.
- Develops relationships with the key decision makers that effectuate the design, procurement, usage, and service of Murata’s products.
- Facilitates pricing coordination with the GAM and internal stakeholders.
- Initiates and coordinates Early Sales Involvement (ESI) projects.
- Negotiates pricing in alignment with the GAM and respective global affiliates.
- Reviews, maintains, and assures effective implementation and execution of customer contracts.
- Responsible for proactively answering customer inquiries and resolving their concerns.
- Coordinates Outside Sales Rep activities for related customer locations.
- Guides Inside Sales Associate’s work in relation to assigned customers.
Miscellaneous Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates special sales projects and promotions.
- Takes a leadership role in customer meetings and conference calls, publishes minutes, and drives action item closure.
- Performs other job-related responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Three or more years of experience in sales or marketing in an electronics-related or other technical industry.
- Experience working for a culturally diverse global company.
- Demonstrated ability to execute strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally.
- Superior communications skills.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing product promotions.
- Ability to understand customer needs to develop mutually beneficial solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent.
- Previous manufacturing sales experience.
- Previous experience in sales data collection and analysis.
- Marketing and market planning knowledge.
- Knowledge of Consumer Electronics industries.
- Project Management experience.
- Previous budgetary responsibilities.
Frequent domestic and infrequent international travel.
Imagine the possibilities as a member of Murata's innovative global team.
Be An Innovator - Join Murata!
Murata offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabilities/Veterans