Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Research and Special Projects Coordinator is responsible for research, planning and execution of projects associated with multiple women in leadership campaigns. These campaigns are sometimes concurrent and other times sequential. They are in furtherance of the SCWIL strategies:
- Build Racial and Gender Representation from the Ground Up
- Increase the Collective Influence of Women in Leadership from the Ground Up
- Conduct research to identify opportunities for outreach, resources, and projects
- Recommend, help develop, coordinate, and implement tactics including projects, campaigns, and events to educate women in South Carolina about the importance of voting, civic engagement, and female leadership
- Perform outreach activities to increase and manage engagement in projects
- Delegate responsibilities to other SC WIL team members
- Manage related intern and staff tasks
- Build best practices for SC WIL research processes and reporting
- Participate in team meetings, Board of Directors meetings, and events
- Take on other special tasks and responsibilities as necessary
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, race and/or gender studies, political science, human geography, or related field
- Experience working with research and analytics or its equivalent
- Experience in program management and outreach
- Experience with online and virtual software
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use new technologies
- Master’s degree/some graduate work or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Work independently in a self-directed, virtual environment
- Work cooperatively with team members, allied partners, and diverse communities
- Listen, write, and communicate effectively
- Effectively set goals and identify areas for improvement
- Manage multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously
- Organize and store data to maintain shared online workspace
- Creatively and effectively problem solve
- Be flexible and learn on the job
This is a part-time, contract position. A minimum of 15 hours are required weekly including consistent Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. SC WIL is growing rapidly and the position may provide expanded opportunities for the right person.
Position pays a weekly stipend commensurate with skills and experience.
We welcome applications and inquiries about the position and organization.
Please send resume with references and letter of inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SC WIL is a multi-partisan, multi-racial alliance of women with a mission to move South Carolina forward – socially, economically, educationally, and environmentally – through information about, connection to, and encouragement to engage in local and State leadership opportunities.
It is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other basis as outlined by federal, state, and/or local laws. Learn more about us online at SCWomenLead.net.