Are you a skilled engineer who wants to be recognized for the work they do? Would you describe yourself as a self-starter? Can you work independently?
Forster Electrical Engineering is looking for someone like you.
We at Forster Electrical Engineering, Inc. are a growing electrical engineering firm in Oregon, Wisconsin that specializes in helping municipal electric utilities keep the lights on. We are a recognized leader in electric utility distribution systems, and we are looking to expand our team with a professional focused on company growth!
We are seeking a talented engineer who is looking to take their career to an ownership track. This person will be able to work autonomously as well as supporting a team of experts in a busy work environment. Our team is a close-knit group of people who work hard together and have fun along the way. At Forster, you can experience a variety of projects while maintaining the flexibility that larger firms cannot provide. Since Forster focuses strongly on keeping work in balance with your personal life, you will not have to worry that your family time will constantly be cut short because of emergencies at work.
As a suburb of Madison, WI, we enjoy the benefits of a major metropolitan center while still maintaining that “small town feel”. We are within walking distance of three parks and just fifteen minutes from downtown Madison. Beautiful summers spent on the beaches of the four nearby lakes, warm springs in the botanical gardens, and autumns filled with color make Oregon a truly special place to live. And, being part of the ecosystem of Wisconsin’s fastest-growing city means that you’ll never run out of interesting places to see or things to do. If this interests you, we would love to talk.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of minimal scope. Perform work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Work effectively under the direction of the Work Group Manager to assure that projects are on schedule and within budget.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Provide leadership and support to the project teams.
- Update technological and professional skills by continuous and ongoing commitment to training and lifelong learning opportunities.
Duties to include the following, other duties may be assigned by the Work Group Manager as required.
- Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of broader assignments from the Work Group Manager or other P.E.’s.
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Requires the use of advanced techniques and the modifications and extension of theories, precepts and practices of his/her specific field and related disciplines. The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work usually result from progressive experience.
- Other assignments may include the preparation of specifications, process studies, research investigations, and system studies.
- May be responsible for project management in conjunction with the design team at the discretion of the Work Group Manager.
- Professional Engineer must over see all work and stamp final project before it goes out to the client.
Minimum Requirements and Education:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. Has a working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the engineering field. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e., Work, Excel, Power Point) some familiarity with drawings, drawing management system and CAD software is a plus.
- Effective oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise mature and responsible judgment while working under daily stress and work-related pressure.
- Ability to collaborate with others to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate information, scheduling and feedback with others while displaying good analytical and diplomatic capabilities when dealing with others.
Level of Supervision:
Works with Professional Engineer in screening assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects techniques and procedures to be applied on non-routine work. Receive supervision on new aspects of assignments. May supervise or coordinate the work of engineer techs and others who assist in specific projects.
- Communication Skills – Clearly articulates the key points of an issue; keeps the attention of others; takes recipient’s needs into account when speaking or writing. Ability to read and interpret documents such as CA’s, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Client Focus – Address client needs in a timely manner.
- Initiative – Demonstrates a high motivation for succeeding; shows effort and drive in the face of obstacles; sets aggressive goals for oneself and works hard in achieving those goals; is internally driven.
- Priority Setting – Focuses on what is important and is able to set appropriate course of action to accomplish goals.
- Teamwork – Support team efforts; helps build a spirit of participation and belonging; adds to group cohesiveness by emphasizing team objectives and reinforcing cooperation.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to work with mathematical concepts and fundamentals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Abilities – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.