The Sales Engineer position has the primary responsibility of designing-in company products with the objective of maximizing Murata’s print position and gaining customer approvals. Also, identifies sales opportunities, documents clear strategies to capture design wins, and obtains customers’ approvals.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains knowledge of customer applications and develops product promotion strategies which will maximize Company sales opportunities.
- Educates customers regarding company product offerings/capabilities to maximize customer awareness and company opportunities.
- Achieves design-in/print position by executing promotional strategies with assigned customers. Obtains customers’ approvals on bill-of-materials (BOMs) and approved vendor lists (AVLs).
- Documents and communicates sales’ opportunities and necessary actions within the organization to execute strategies utilizing company tools/resources like Salesforce.com.
- Establishes, maintains and/or strengthens relationships with customer design engineering staff. Initiates technical proposals to customer design engineering groups and individuals.
- Provides each assigned account with sales materials, samples, samples kits, technology roadmaps, and promotional programs.
- Awareness of, and rapid response to, customer problems making appropriate recommendations and coordination of required company resources.
- Prepares and presents customer technology roadmaps and related technical materials.
- Directs and supports the customer approval / qualification requirements (e.g., PPAP, SCR).
Miscellaneous Job Responsibilities:
- Assists manager in preparing annual budgets and forecasts.
- Supports initial response to, and resolution of, customer quality issues/returns.
- Helps direct sales rep's regarding company strategies, utilization of sales tools, and overall sales growth objectives.
- Performs other job-related responsibilities and duties as may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Two+ years of passive or active component sales’ experience.
- Two+ years of tactical/strategic experience selling a diverse product lineup (components, modules, power supplies).
- Knowledge of electronics’ industry and products.
- Developed business acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate proficiency in communication and effective collaboration.
- Facilitation skills to work with and among individuals from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with Salesforce.com or similar CRM.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed presentation skills.
- Adaptable and able to consistently handle ever-changing conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Material Science.
- Two+ years of automotive passive or active component sales’ experience.
- Previous manufacturing technical sales experience.
- Marketing & market planning knowledge.
- Knowledge of target market industries.
- Previous experience using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Daily local travel, some domestic travel, and infrequent international travel.
Imagine the possibilities as a member of Murata's innovative global team. Let’s shape tomorrow together!
Murata offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabilities/Veterans