Overview We believe in the power of people to create great care. Pottstown Hospital
is an acute care hospital offering an extensive range of services, including inpatient and outpatient, medical, surgical, diagnostic, and emergency care, as well as primary care, family practice, and pediatric offices. With 260 physicians representing 40 medical specialties, we serve the healthcare needs of residents in Pottstown and surrounding areas.
We're 1,150 healthcare professionals strong, and our team of physicians, nurses, staff, and volunteers is focused on exceeding expectations while delivering compassionate, safe, quality care. Our accolades include: Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for hip and knee replacement; Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval and AHA Stroke Association Gold Plus Distinction for our Primary Stroke Center; and four-time commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons for our Regional Cancer Center.
With over 43,000 emergency visits annually and 3:4 patient/nurse ratio our Emergency Department allows for an intimate, challenging and rewarding career. The Registered Nurse will utilize the nursing process to ensure delivery of quality and timely care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in the Emergency Room setting. Our nurses are cross-trained in the observation, minor and acute care areas. Enjoy flexible scheduling, tuition assistance/reimbursement, a career advancement program, generous benefits and pay. Schedule: 11:00 am - 11:30 pm with Rotation Qualifications Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing
- 2 years nursing experience preferred, specifically 1 year in Emergency Services preferred
- Licensed and currently registered as a nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Valid American Heart Association for Healthcare Providers CPR (BLS) certification (required)
- CPI within 1-month of hire
- Completion of the ACLS course within six (6) months of hire
- Completion of the PALS couse within six (6) months of hire
- Completion of the Dysrhythmia course within three (3) months of hire or test out